Chapter 27

"We need to talk, Kim Namjoon."

"Well." Namjoon stood up from the seat, shoving his hands inside the front pocket of his jeans, "I guess that little beauty told you everything huh?"

"Don't use such a nickname for Jungkook hyung." Jimin gritted out.

"What? It's cute." Namjoon shrugged, smiling a little.

"It sounds disgusting from your mouth." Jimin spat out angrily, "Before I start anything, care to explain why didn't you tell me Taehyung locked Jungkook up? You knew that from the start didn't you?"

"Yes I do."

"And you didn't bother to help him?" Jimin asked.

"Do I look like I care about him?" Namjoon asked, eyebrows raised up, "Besides, I'm too weak to help him. It's such a pity. He's safe under Taehyung's hands! I'm nothing but just Taehyung's friend, how could I help him? Taehyung will kill him if I do so. I would not risk my life for him, Jiminie."

"You should've told me-" "You think you can help him?"

Namjoon stifled a small laugh, "Who do you think you are? Do you think Taehyung really treats you like the bestest best friend in the world? Wake up from your dream and remember your place, Jimin."

"I'm so sick of this stupid place thing. Remember my place? What's the difference between you and me, Kim Namjoon?" Jimin took a step forward, "We killed hundreds of people, tainted our hands with blood. We've done so many illegal shits, together, along with Taehyung. The only difference between you and me is, I don't turn my back on Taehyung when he needs help the most."

"Go ahead and help him then. Help Jungkookie escape from Taehyung also." Namjoon said, "You think Taehyung won't go crazy if you take Jungkook away from him? He will kill others, do everything just to get Jungkook back. In the end, you'll be the reason for people's death."

He grabbed Jimin's collar, "Don't talk like you're the innocent one, the selfless one here. You're selfish too, same as the two in Taehyung's room. No one is selfless in the world. When an ordeal comes, when death knocks the door, we will push others before us in order to protect ourselves. That's how humans were."

Namjoon removed his hands from Jimin's collar harshly, then continued, "You think I never treated Taehyung my best friend? I did, Jimin. I even took a bullet for him! But what did he give me in return? He didn't even thank me after that! He stopped giving me missions, stopped me using guns, stopped me from working with him! It was he who mistreated me first!"

"You know Taehyung was never good at expressing himself." Jimin scoffed, "He stopped giving you missions and stopped you using guns because he was afraid you'll get hurt again. He stopped you working with him because he is afraid you'll take another bullet for him."

Namjoon's face paled, as he furrowed his eyebrows, "He was what?"

Jimin sighed heavily, crossing his arms over his chest, "When you were unconscious and about to die, Taehyung cried so hard. He told me that he should be the one laying on the bed, not you. He was so afraid of losing a friend, which is you." He said, staring straight into Namjoon's eyes, trying to make the male become guilty, "Instead of saying thank you, he did everything to protect you, because he doesn't want to lose another important person in his life. But I guess you were too blind to see it."

Namjoon averted his gaze from Jimin, "I thought... He doesn't want me as a member of the team anymore."

"Yes, he's stupid, he's dense and kinda crazy too but I knew he loves all of us, as a friend. He's just not good at expressing it, so we gotta be good at seeing it." Jimin sighed, "I really don't want us to end up like strangers or even worse, enemies at the end. Now you know the truth, could you stop what you're planning behind Taehyung?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't, Jimin."

Jimin felt his heart was getting squeezed by an imaginary hand. "Fine then. If Taehyung finds out what you did to him, guess what he will feel?"

"Angry?"

"Maybe? But I bet he will feel heart broken, betrayed and disappointed like how I am now." Jimin said, glaring at Namjoon.

"Sorry." Namjoon said, "I've changed. Money and power are all I want now. It's difficult for me, for us to stay selfless when we're doing illegal business."

Silence engulfed them once Namjoon stopped talking. "If that's so..." Jimin said, "I will quit."

"Quit from?"

"I will quit myself from mafia business. I could no longer help you to do any other illegal things after knowing you have a thought of replacing Taehyung with yourself." Jimin stated, head still tugged down, doesn't want to look at Namjoon.

"Suit yourself." Namjoon said, turning around to leave the house.

"One more question, Namjoon."

Namjoon halted his steps, indicating he's listening to Jimin's words.

"Am I your friend?" Jimin asked.

"You are, Jimin." Namjoon replied before taking a huge breath, "You always are." He said and walked out of the living room, leaving Jimin standing alone there.

Jimin crouched down, rubbing his face with his palm. He felt wetness on his cheeks and he couldn't help but let out a scoff.

"Why am I crying because of them?" He asked, rubbing himself even harshly, trying to stop himself from crying.

"Things shouldn't have ended up like this..."

Taehyung desperately wants to protect everyone he loves in this world. But it seems like the way he protects others has led to misunderstanding.

"Namjoon was right about everyone being selfish..." Jimin muttered, "I don't know what to do anymore..."

Jimin quickly got up from the crouching position. Jungkook is the only innocent one in between them and Jimin knows he needs to save him.

He headed towards Taehyung's room, hoping Jungkook would go with him this time. Just as he was about to open the door, the door opened by itself, revealing someone that Jimin doesn't really want to meet right now.

"H-Hey Taehyung..." Jimin greeted awkwardly.

Taehyung, still like usual, always held a cold facade. He hummed in reply. "Let's have tea, shall we?"

He walked past Jimin, but stopped when Jimin held his wrist.

"Wait Taehyung. Aren't you sick? Where's Jungkook hyung?"

"I've recovered. Hyung is sleeping right now. Let's go." Taehyung plainly replied and started walking away.

Jimin gulped down a huge lump in his throat, feeling slightly frightened with Taehyung's reaction.

Taehyung is way too calm for Jimin's liking.

"You're coming or not, Park Jimin?"

Jimin flinched when he heard Taehyung's question. "Yes, yes I am!"

He just hopes everything will be alright.