Chapter 24

"I've told you not to get out from the house right?! When will you start to listen?!"

Taehyung landed on the floor after receiving a hard slap from his father. He used his hand to cover his bruised up cheeks, "I-I'm sorry, father..."

"Sorry?" Mr Kim squatted down and grabbed Taehyung's hair, making the boy wince in pain.

"I heard someone says you went to the police station today, right?" Mr Kim asked, and Taehyung wasn't even surprise when he heard his father's question.

He knew there's a lot of his father's men everywhere.

"You got yourself a playmate huh? What was his name again?" Mr Kim tugged Taehyung's hair, "Jeon Jungkook, right?"

A hint of panic could be seen in Taehyung's eyes, "Don't you dare to touch him, father."

Mr Kim let out a laugh, "Who are you to order me what to do, and what not to do?" He give two light pat on Taehyung's right cheek, "I see you grew some guts huh?"

"I beg you, please, don't hurt him..." Taehyung muttered out, tears filling his eyes up.

"Your begging is worth nothing." Mr Kim spat out, "You're just a useless child." He stepped on Taehyung's right ankle.

"You don't deserve any happiness." He again stomped on Taehyung's ankle. He keep stomping and stomping on the same spot until blood started to slip out from it.

Taehyung felt nothing but pain the whole time, but he didn't make any sound. He will get worse punishment if he cries.

He felt his ankle breaking into half.

"Take him to the basement." He demanded and one black suit man walked forward and took Taehyung in his arms.

Taehyung doesn't remember how many beatings he received when he was in the basement, but he does know he lost consciousness when his father gave his stomach a punch.

Right now, Taehyung was laying on the floor lifelessly. The light in his eyes was long gone.

He curled his body up, "M-Maybe I really don't deserve happiness..."

Then he suddenly smiled, "It's okay..." He comforted himself, "It's okay..."

"I-I still have Jungkook hyung..."

🌹🌹🌹

One week passed by and Taehyung finally could leave the small basement. Though his father is cruel, he still lets the Doctor treat Taehyung's injuries.

At least, Taehyung's bloody ankle was treated nicely.

The boy quickly ran out from his house as soon as he got the chance. He rushed to the park, trying to find Jungkook's presence.

"Jungkook hyung!!" Taehyung ran around while screaming Jungkook's name.

"Jungkook hyung!"

"Jungkook hyung!!"

Taehyung shouted for almost 50 times, but no matter how loud he called out Jungkook's name, the boy didn't appear at all.

"Jungkook hyung..." Taehyung crouched down, hugging himself with his arms. His whole body shivered in fear.

What if Jungkook didn't have the patience to wait for him and decided not to play with him again?

What if he couldn't possess a tiny little bit of happiness anymore?

What if Jungkook never ever appears in Taehyung's life anymore?

Questions ran around Taehyung's mind. His body was shaking in fear,

"Where are you, Jungkook hyung?"

...

"Taehyungie, Taehyungie!"

Jungkook's voice finally dragged Taehyung back to the present.

Taehyung holds his aching forehead. He shakes his head, trying to shake off the unbearable pain around his forehead. His eyes were blurry, because of tears.

That's why Taehyung hates reminding himself of all those depressed past.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung worriedly. He has been calling Taehyung's name over and over again but the male didn't have any reaction at all.

"Y-You're still here right, hyung? You're real, right?" Taehyung asked, voice broken and hoarse. He reached his hands out and touched Jungkook's face, smiling drunkenly when he felt warmth on his palm.

"T-Thank god... You didn't leave me..." Taehyung pulled Jungkook forward and hugged the male tightly, "You can't leave me, you must not leave me..."

Taehyung muttered, using his trembling hands to caress Jungkook's hair, "Please don't leave me alone in that park..."

Jungkook was so confused with Taehyung's sudden behavior. "What are you talking about, Taehyung? W-What park?" His eyebrows were creased to a frown.

"Shh, it's okay if you don't remember. It's my fault that I can't protect you." Taehyung pat Jungkook's back, "As long as you stay with me..."

Taehyung's voice got softer and softer, then suddenly his whole body slumped down, dragging Jungkook along with him.

Jungkook hissed in pain as Taehyung's whole body dropped on him. The male's face was pale and his eyes were closed tightly.

"Taehyungie?" Jungkook shakes Taehyung's body softly, but he got no response.

"Taehyungie?" Jungkook called out again, again received no answer.

Jungkook averted his gaze from Taehyung to the big door not far away from him. It was actually a great chance for him to escape.

He bites his lips, debating what he should do.

If he escapes now, he will get freedom and he might find ways to hide himself from Taehyung.

But... Jungkook's gaze again fixed on Taehyung's pale face. He touched his pale cheeks while Taehyung's weak, vulnerable voice kept ringing around his ears.

After debating for another second, Jungkook sighed heavily. He slowly stood up and walked towards the door.

He halted when he saw a bodyguard standing beside the door.

"Please call Doctor Kang here."