Chapter 26

"Jungkook hyung?!"

Jungkook swore he did sigh in relief when he saw Jimin running towards him. "M-Minnie..." He whispered out.

"Hyung! What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" Jimin ran past Namjoon, crouching down beside Jungkook.

"I-Inhaler..." Jungkook said difficulty, "I n-need it..."

"Where is it, hyung?!" Jimin noticed the older man doesn't ever have the energy to speak further, so he straight away carried the male with his arms.

"T-Tae..." Jungkook muttered out, luckily it's still audible for Jimin.

"In Taehyung's room? Where's Taehyung's room?" Jimin asked, but Jungkook barely could speak, "Fuck, Kim Namjoon don't just stand there! Where's Taehyung's room?!"

Namjoon just stared at Jimin, then to Jungkook in his arms. He let out a small laugh, "I don't know, Jimin~" He smiled, "What should we do? Maybe we could let him die?"

"What nonsense were you talking about, Kim Namjoon?" Jimin asked in disbelief. He took a step back as he noticed a glimpse of evilness in Namjoon's eyes. He quickly turned around and started to run.

He doesn't know where he's heading so he stopped and randomly opened a door. Thanks to his naturally born good instinct, he knew he's in the right room when he saw Taehyung's figure on the large bed.

"Hold on, hyung." Jimin placed the male down on a soft couch, about to turn around but Jungkook stopped him by holding his wrist.

"I-I'm okay now, Minnie..." Jungkook softly said out, starting to get back his normal breathing, "Don't go..."

"I won't." Jimin replied, "You really are okay?"

Jungkook nodded his head in reply. They stayed in silence, accompanied by Taehyung's soft snoring sound.

Jimin took this time to look at Jungkook even closer. The male was already thin when Jimin first met him and now he's even thinner, in an unhealthy way. Dark circles under his doe eyes were clear to see as Jungkook got pale skin.

In a simpler way to say, Jungkook has not been doing well recently.

"What happened, hyung? You looked so thin..." Jimin couldn't stop himself asking this question.

Jungkook shot Jimin with a small, weak smile. "T-Taehyungie lock me up..." He said plainly. He was hopeless, he had stopped thinking about escaping from Taehyung.

"How could he?! You... You're no longer a minor! You're 21, capable of taking care of yourself! He has no right to control you, let alone locking you up!" Jimin's eyes lit up when he thought of an idea. He grabbed Jungkook's wrist, "You're leaving with me-" "Wait Minnie..."

Jungkook placed his palm on Jimin's hand, "Not now, Minnie. Taehyungie needs your help. Please help him first, Minnie." He pleaded.

"What's wrong?"

"The guy outside, Kim Namjoon, he's planning something bad against Taehyung. He wants Taehyung's power and money, and I can see through his eyes that he wants to kill Taehyungie!"

"Namjoon? He's Taehyung's friend, he would not do such a thing to Taehyung-" "He will!! He was talking about helping me escape and all the payments thing-"

"Calm down first, hyung. Tell me what actually happened." Jimin tried to calm Jungkook down.

"He..." Jungkook began to say out everything that happened earlier. After he finished, tears filled his eyes out of panic, "I can't let him kill Taehyungie! He's... He's my..."

Jungkook halted in the middle of the sentence.

What's Taehyung to him now? Back then, Jungkook would say Taehyung is his little brother. What about now?

"He's the only one in the world left for me to protect and love." Jungkook said after a while, "So please, Minnie. Help Taehyung."

Jimin hesitated for a second, soon he sighed out heavily. "I will try my best, hyung. But after this, I'm taking you with me."

"Thank you, thank you so much Minnie." Jungkook jumped up and hugged Jimin tightly.

"Why do you still want to help Taehyung? He locked you up, forcing you doing things you don't want, don't you hate him for that?" Jimin asked, no longer could keep this question in his heart.

Jungkook slowly unwrapped his arms around Jimin. "Of course I hate him. I hate him so much" he smiled, "But I couldn't make myself not love him. Call it brother instinct or what, I have to protect him from danger even though I'm too weak to do so. After all..."

Jungkook took a glance at Taehyung on the bed, "He was my little brother."

Jimin was taken back by Jungkook's words. He rubbed his face with his palm, "I understand, hyung. It's your choice. I have no right to stop you."

"Thank you for understanding, Minnie." Jungkook said. His face slowly scrunched up, forming a frown, "But I have nothing to give you in return for helping me and Taehyung..."

"I don't need anything." Jimin smiled, placing both of his hands on Jungkook's shoulder, "Taehyung is my best friend, and you're my best friend's brother. We don't need reason, payment to help each other, hyung."

Jungkook chuckled, tears again welled up in his heart after hearing Jimin's heart warming words. "I don't know what to say except thank you, Minnie."

"And I don't know what to say except you're welcome." Jimin teased and patted Jungkook's head. "I have to go now. Need to talk with the bad guy outside."

"Okay. Be careful, Minnie." Jungkook said.

"I will, hyung." Jimin again gave a light pat on Jungkook's head. "Take care." He spared a last glance at Jungkook and walked out of the room with worry still filled in his heart.

Jungkook sat there like a statue for a while, soon he sighed out. He turned around and faced Taehyung, who's still sleeping. He crawled forward, wanting to check Taehyung's body temperature.

He picked up the towel on Taehyung's forehead, touching it with his palm and sighing out in relief when he sensed Taehyung's body temperature had gone down a bit.

He lied down beside Taehyung, feeling really tired after the incident earlier. He stared at Taehyung's flawless face, hands made way to touch it unconsciously.

"It's really hard for you to stay in a world where the person you trust betrays you, right?" Jungkook asked softly, brushing Taehyung's hair back and tucked them behind his ear.

"I helped you." Jungkook said, "But that doesn't mean I forgive you. I'm still angry at you. So you better say sorry once you wake up and give me back my normal life."

Taehyung was still sleeping.

Jungkook chuckled at his own dumbness, talking to a sleeping person. "I can't let you die..." He whispered, eyes fluttered shut slowly.

"I still love you, Taehyungie..."

The room was again filled with silence, but this time, Jungkook's snoring sound could be heard.

Suddenly, a figure on the bed shifted. He moved closer to another sleeping male on the bed, bringing him closer by wrapping his arms around his waist.

Of course, it was Taehyung.

Taehyung caressed Jungkook's waist with his hand, eyes slowly opened to look at the older face.

"I'm sorry, hyung." He said, eyes turning red and sore because of tears in his eyes, "I still can't let you go."

"I was never normal. Sorry for not being able to love you in a normal way, Jungkook hyung."