Chapter 28

Jimin took a sip of his tea, eyes still lingered on Taehyung. He was trying to figure out what Taehyung is up to, but he failed.

"So..." Jimin broke the silence, "How are you recently, Tae?"

"Still alive." Taehyung replied while stirring his tea with a small spoon. He removed the spoon from his tea and placed it beside the teacup.

"Sounds... Great?" Jimin replied, letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Jimin." Taehyung called out, setting his cold gaze on the male sitting in front of him, "I've heard everything."

"W-What?" Jimin asked, eyes widened up. He was confused, not knowing what Taehyung was talking about.

"I'm a Mafia boss, Jimin. I never let my guard down, not even when I'm sick." Taehyung intertwined his fingers, "The moment you barge into my room with Jungkook hyung in your arms, I'm fully awake."

Jimin's face paled after Taehyung's statement, "S-So... You..."

"Yes, like I said earlier, I've heard everything. Things about you want to help Jungkook escape, things that Jungkook said and... And about Joon hyung planning to kill me..."

Jimin swore he could catch a glimpse of sadness and disappointment in Taehyung's eyes when he spoke. Taehyung rarely lets out his expression, because the male believes once he does that, people will find his weakness easily.

Unless... Taehyung was really disappointed about Namjoon and himself.

"It's all a misunderstanding, Tae!" Jimin quickly said, badly wanting to explain the truth, "It's not like that-" "Are you telling me that everything is a lie? You think I would believe it?"

Taehyung let out a scoff and Jimin just wanted to punch himself for not being good at explaining.

"Listen here, Tae. Yes, it's true that I want to take Jungkook with me, help him escape and I will do that in the future too." Jimin stated, "And Namjoon, you need to have a talk with him I guess. He misunderstood you. It's hard for me to explain it but please Taehyung, talk with him. I really don't want things to end up like this!"

"I don't want it too, Chim." Taehyung muttered, leaning closer to Jimin until their distance was way too close.

Jimin could see Taehyung's bloodshot eyes clearly, which means the male hasn't been having a good sleep lately. Now Jimin realized, it seems like Taehyung never possessed clear eyes before.

Taehyung's eyes became redder, making Jimin panicked, until a tear slowly slipped out of his eyes.

Taehyung... Is crying? Jimin was so shocked, he lifted up his hand, wanting to wipe off the tear on Taehyung's cheek but the male backed away before he could do so.

"I really don't want things to end up like this." Taehyung whispered with his raspy voice, "But do I have a choice?"

Jimin pursed his lips, not knowing what to say.

"No I don't, Jimin." Taehyung answered his own question. "I never have the power to control, to choose for my own life. You always say I'm a control freak, but the truth is, I'm also getting controlled."

"In the past, you were controlled, but not now, right?" Jimin asked hesitantly.

"I thought that before, also." Taehyung bent down, pulled a drawer out and began taking something out of the drawer.

Jimin heard plastic bags clashing sounds as Taehyung took out a plastic bag and placed it on the table. He watched Taehyung open the bag, taking bottle and bottle of medicine out of it.