Arrival

It was a humid August night when a bright light emerged then quickly faded in a secluded portion of a forest.  Three people could be seen lying on the ground, groaning as they took a moment to regain their equilibrium before standing.  Brushing the dirt off their clothes as much as possible.  Fenrir tilted his head to the sky and took a deep breath.  He then turned to Hermione, scooped her up in a tight embrace, and spun her around, both of them laughing.  He set her back on her feet, pressing his forehead against hers, "Thank you."  Hermione smiles, "We're free."  The two were lost in each other until a throat cleared, "We should get moving and find a place to stay." 

Leilani pulled her new wand from her bag, set it in her palm, and whispered, "Point me."  Her Ash wood with Phoenix Feather core started to spin.  Leilani kept in mind their goal for lodging as she watched her wand slow to a stop in the direction they needed to walk.  They had walked for almost an hour when a large gap in the trees came into view.  "A road.  And look, a sign." Leilani pointed at the sign coming into view.  "Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia.  So, we're in the states." Lei shrugged.  Not only were they in a different dimension, but they were also in another country.

Hermione stopped walking, her head tilted to the side with a look of confusion on her face.  Fenrir noticed and asked, "What is it, love?"  Lei stopped next to her friend, curious about what was going on.  Hermione looked around the area before answering, "I stretched out my magic to see if this world had any, and there is magic here but it's different."  Fenrir's eyes scan the area, "Different, how?" "I'm not sure.  However, it seems this town is situated near a crossroad of Ley Lines." Hermione focused ahead of her.

"So?  We may bump into others who have magic but it won't be the same?" Lei asked.  Hermione shrugged her shoulders, "Possibly.  From what I felt, the three of us have more magic than anything around here besides the Ley Lines."  They started walking towards the town again.  With his keen eyesight and sense of smell, Fenrir kept a lookout for danger.  He could feel what Hermione was talking about now, and something else felt off to him.  Leilani stood on the other side of Hermione, also keeping an eye out for trouble.  She laughs to herself, thinking, "Trouble really does follow me."

On the other side of town, Sheila Bennett and her granddaughter felt an immense wave of magic that was unlike anything they ever felt.  Bonnie asked her grams, "Have you ever felt anything like that?"  Sheila shook her head, "Never."  Sheila shivered as she also felt like the Angel of Death entered their small town.  She didn't know how close she was to the truth.

An additional twenty minutes of walking found the trio standing at the front door of a bed and breakfast.  A quick cast of the Tempus charm said it was a little before 9 pm.  Hermione rang the bell and they waited patiently.  An older, kind-looking woman opens the door, smiles, and greets the trio.  The woman escorted them inside the B&B, where the trio rented two rooms for a week-long stay.  Their rooms were next to each other.  They said their goodnights and made plans to explore the town in the morning.

  They said their goodnights and made plans to explore the town in the morning