Curious

Leilani wouldn't let the confrontation with a vampire bother her. Don't get her wrong, she will be practicing Constant Vigilance from now on. Never going anywhere without her wand, and not going out after dark alone. Lei will not be caught off guard again, if she could help it. She decided to charm a piece of jewelry into a portkey to her home in case of emergencies.

She was going through her Mokeskin bag the next morning, looking through everything when Lei pulled out the Marauder's Map. Lei was reminded of a conversation she had with Ron and Hermione while they were on the run. They had the map opened on the small table inside their tent, watching the students, particularly Ginny. The three had questioned if a map could be created for the Ministry of Magic, or possibly the British Wizarding World. "A map like that would ease our minds of everyone's whereabouts whether good or bad," Hermione said what the other two were thinking.

The idea to construct a map of Mystic Falls seems like a good one. Lei brought the map to Hermione in the library, "I have an idea." Hermione set the book she was currently reading down and gave Lei her full attention. Lei handed her the map, "What if we built a Mystic Falls map? It would be almost identical, but when a person's name is displayed it would be in different colors depending on their species. Black for humans, red for vampires, blue for werewolves, green for witches, and maybe purple for unknown." Hermione sat back in her comfy armchair in thought. "That is a good idea but it will take a lot of work, and we would need to map out the entire town. Plus the additional spellwork for the species identification. I don't know Lei," Hermione said.

Lei sat down in the chair next to Hermione. "What if I got help from the students to map out the town? I could say it's for extra credit," Lei shrugged her shoulders. She already had a few students in mind. "That could work. At least speed up the process. We need the map first. While you're concentrating on mapping out the town, I'll do the research for the additional spells," Hermione pulled her wand out of her messy bun and waved it over the book she was reading to put it back on its shelf. Then she waved it again to call forth all the books she would need for the spells to be cast on the map. Lei stood up to get ready for the day. She was going to start the map in the town center.

A small, grassy courtyard marked the center of the town. Making it conveniently easy for Lei to start the rough sketches of the map, as well as carving the runes needed to label each geographical location. The runes were carved into the base of a tree at each of the main compass points. Lei took her time with each task so she didn't make any mistakes or gain any attention from passersby. She had finished the last rune and was putting away her sketchbook when someone grasped her wrist.

Looking at the hand around her wrist then up to whom it belonged, "Hullo, Stefan. How are you?" He didn't answer her question, only asking one of his own, "What were you doing?" Stefan was walking to the Grill when he spotted Miss Evans carving a weird symbol at the base of a tree. Damon's injury and words about Miss Evans has Stefan wondering who this woman really is? Lei answered after Stefan let go of her wrist, "I was sketching this park." Stefan raised an eyebrow in suspicion, leaned down a little to look at the symbol on the tree, "Then what is that?" "A marking on a tree," Lei gave a vague answer. "I see that. What's it mean? I saw you carve it," Now Stefan is really suspicious. Leilani was quiet as she thought about what she was going to say next. "Is there somewhere we can talk without someone listening in?"