Burnt

Mason and Tyler just had a very frustrating conversation with Carol Lockwood. Carol had the nerve to forbid both Tyler and Mason from associating with anyone living in the Potter household. Mason laughed at her since he was an adult. Tyler just shook his head and told his mother that has no right to tell him what to do anymore. Carol argued, "They are not good for our image. We must stand as a united family for the town's sake. Our reputation depends on it." Tyler sighs, "Of course, you care more about your reputation than your own son." Tyler and Mason got up and left. Carol kept yelling at them even after the front door slammed shut.

They decided to go camping. Both Tyler and Mason wanted to get away from the council and Carol's overbearing self. She was trying to control their lives since they had befriended the Potter household. Mason led Tyler to the Potters' home. "Why are we coming here?" Tyler asked as they climbed up the front stoop. Mason sighed, "We are informing Fenrir that we are going out of town for a while. He is the alpha of our little pack." Mason raised his fist to knock but the door swung open.

Holding the front door open was Caroline. She was just leaving to go check on her mom, "Oh, hey guys. Come on in." She moved to the side and let them inside, then closed the door as she left. They found Fenrir in his workshop. He was putting the final touches on a wand. Fenrir knew they were there, "Afternoon, what can I do for your gentlemen?" Fenrir dusted his hands off and faced the two.

Mason cleared his throat, "Uh, Tyler and I were thinking about going camping. Get out of town for a while." Tyler nodded. "There's nothing wrong with that. The full moon is not for two weeks so you have time," Fenrir stood and walked out of the workshop. The guys followed him to the sitting room. Fenrir asked, "Do you have everything you need?" "We still have to buy a tent. The one at home is too small for two people," Tyler stuffed his hands into his pockets.

Fenrir rubbed a hand on his beard, "Hmm? Let me go ask Hermione if she still has one?" Fenrir left for his and Hermione's shared bedroom to ask his wife about the tent. She was relaxing with a book since the twins were down for a nap. "Honey, do you still have the tent?" He asked. Hermione closed her book, "Why?" "Mason and Tyler are wanting to go camping but they still need to get a tent," Fenrir responded.

Hermione got out of bed and went into their closet and pulled out her beaded bag. Opening the worn out bag, she could see the tent and other various items. "Yes, I have it," She held her bag and left their bedroom. They entered the sitting room to find Mason and Tyler eating a snack Winky provided. The house elf knew werewolves eat more than the average person and more often, even Damon's appetite increased.

"Let's head out back so I can set it up and air it out," Hermione headed for the backyard with the 3 men following behind her. In the backyard, Hermione pulled the collapsed tent out of her bag, and set it up. She opened the flap that was a door and stepped in. Then poked her head out, "Well, come on." Fenrir followed instantly while the other two were skeptical.

Tyler went in first. He was in awe at how big and spacious it was on the inside. He stuck his head out, "Uncle Mason. You go to see this." Mason walked into the tent and was shocked. While Hermione was opening cabinets in the full kitchen, checking the perishables, Tyler and Mason were wandering around the tent. They could see it had a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom with a shower, and two separate bedrooms with bunk beds.

Tyler turns to his uncle, "This is awesome." Mason agreed, "Yeah, it is." Hermione then explained they had supplies to last them two weeks. Then she showed them the warding stones and how and when to bury them around their campsite. It was a relief to know they could sleep without worrying that the wildlife may invade their campsite. They all left the tent so Hermione could take it down and sealed it for traveling. Mason loaded the tent with the rest of their camping equipment, and readied to take off early the next morning.