Doppel-Napping

Doppel-napping

In an unknown location, a man stands in front of a canvas with his back to the door of the art studio. His peace is disturbed when his witch barges into the room, "What is it, Maddox? Can't you see I'm busy?" The man gathers a very dark blue almost black onto his paintbrush. He turns his head to look at his witch over his shoulder.

Maddox nods, "I apologize. But this is something you might want to know." The man, Niklaus Mikaelson, puts down his paintbrush, "Unless it has something to do with the newest doppelganger, I don't care." "It might," Maddox waits before continuing to speak. When Klaus shows he is listening, Maddox continues, "Some time ago, the ancestors started chatting a little louder than normal. I mostly tuned it out because they were all talking over each other...Like normal. It wasn't until this morning that I stopped to listen carefully to what they are saying."

"Is there a point to this?" Klaus was growing impatient. Maddox swallows nervously, "The ancestors are furious. They're saying there is a new type of witch that they have no control over, no influence over them. One ancestor in particular practically screamed in my head. She said her bloodline is being threatened by these new witches." Maddox stops rambling for a moment to gauge Klaus' reaction.

Klaus seems to be lost in thought, 'A new type of witch the ancestors can't control.' He was thinking of ways to use them to his advantage. Klaus wanted to learn more, "Which ancestors' bloodline?" Maddox could see the cogs turning in Klaus' head, "Bennett. Emily Bennett was the loudest this morning." Klaus smirks, "And where are these witches?" "Mystic Falls," Maddox shuddered from the deviously, genuine smile Klaus gives. "Well, it appears we have some packing to do." What Klaus didn't realize was his older, suit-wearing brother was going to be in town too.

Back in Mystic Falls, things have calmed down a bit. After acquiring the Moonstone, Lei had given it to Bill as she retold the story Mason gave them. Bill was happy for something to do and to possibly learn about this world's magic. He took the small, opaque stone into his warded bedroom and ran some diagnostics on the stone. Bill came to the conclusion this Moonstone held a lot of magic for a specific ritual. He put the precious stone back in the box it was in and hid it behind a false wall he charmed in his room. The false wall hid very dangerous cursed objects that he has yet to cleanse. Bill spent the remainder of the day in the library researching rituals that could be similar.

Caroline had finished setting up for the Masquerade Ball for that day and wanted to visit her friend with their invitations. She knocked on the door of the Evan's household and was surprised when a platinum blonde woman answered. Caroline gave her best and brightest smile, "Hi. May I come in? I have the invitations for the Masquerade tomorrow night."

Narcissa stepped aside, "Please do come in." Lady Malfoy perked at the idea of a ball. She escorted Caroline to the sitting room where Lei was playing with Scorpius while Draco talked to his cousin's portrait. Narcissa cleared her throat to get everyone's attention. Well, everyone but Scorpius. He was busy trying to eat his fist, getting drool all over his hand. Lei held onto the infant as she stood up, "Hello, Caroline. How are you?"

The blonde vampire bounced into the room, "I am doing well. I was delivering you and your family's Masquerade Ball invitation. Ugh, I am cringing at the decor. Mrs. Lockwood decided the theme would be Mystic Falls' 150th anniversary. Like we haven't been celebrating it the last few months. She would have canceled but it was the late Mayor's favorite event of the year. And I still have to go buy a dress." Caroline stopped to take a breath and look at the people in the room, "I'm ranting, aren't I?"

Lei raised an eyebrow in amusement, "It's alright Care. If anyone could understand that frustration it would be Narcissa. The Malfoys' were the ones who hosted the grandest parties every year." Narcissa and Draco were suspicious of what Lei was doing at first then it clicked when Lei says, "Caroline? Why don't you and the Malfoys go shopping? I'm sure they need to get formal wear as well. Show them the town and maybe let them whose who and all that rot."