Tea Party

Tea Party

Elena couldn't believe what was happening. Everyone was turning against her. Well, everyone but her biological father, John Gilbert, her best friend Bonnie, and her gullible ex-boyfriend Matt. The man who she had known as her 'uncle' for her whole life, up to a few months ago when he told her. She was too shocked and upset to tell anyone about him being her real father. Elena didn't know what to think right now, besides the fact that she has lost everyone who paid attention to her. Her brother, Jeremy, would rather spend his time away from home and as far away from her as he could get. Aunt Jenna barely leaves her college campus, claiming it is easier to live on campus so she could finish her degree. Alaric moved back into his apartment after John had thrown him out when John was revealed to be Elena's biological father.

So, here Elena is, sitting in her bedroom, writing in her diary about how awful her day was. She wrote how Caroline ignored her at school, Stefan won't even look at her, Damon has blocked her phone number, even Tyler goes to the extreme to avoid her. She writes how much she hates the attention-seeking whore, Leilani Evans and her dysfunctional family of soulless gingers. Elena took her aggression out on her diary to the point her pen broke, getting ink everywhere, "Shit!" She shook the excess ink off her hand, splattering on the walls near her and the front of a very expensive suit. A suit that the Noble Original was currently wearing.

Elena narrowed her eyes, "What are you doing here?" Elijah sneered at the girl while trying to blot the ink stains from his suit, but it was no use. "I am here because it seems you have isolated yourself once again. I came to find out why?" Elena huffed, "It's all that witch's fault. She has turned everyone against me." Elijah heard the skip in her heartbeat, he knew she was lying. He wanted to see how far she would take it, "Oh? How so?" "The moment she and her family showed up they stuck their nose in everything. She threatened to kill me and my friends, but they took her side. They don't see what I see. That she is nothing but a freak."

Elijah shook his head in disbelief but decided to placate the girl. He needed her alive to drive out his brother, "Well, I suggest you keep to your end of the deal, and I will keep to mine. I protect you and your family in exchange, you live your life and try not to get yourself killed." Elena forced a few tears and nodded her head, trying her best to look like the innocent one in this whole ordeal, but Elijah knew better. She was exactly like her ancestor.

Later that day, everyone in the Evans household was doing their own thing when the wards shifted. Lei had reached the front door the same time someone started frantically knocking. Lei cautiously opened the door, "Caroline?" She looked into the tear-streaked face of the baby vampire and invited her in. "What's wrong?"

Caroline walked into the sitting room with Lei following behind her after closing the door. Both sat on the loveseat then Caroline started telling Lei what happened, "I...um..." She tried to wipe her tears away and took a deep breath and started again, "I went over to Elena's to check on her. It's been a while since we talked to each other, even though she has been avoiding me, and she has been my friend since I can remember so I wanted to hang out or something." Caroline looked down at her clasped hands then back up to Lei, "When Jenna answered the door, she was acting weird, like she didn't want to be there. When I told her I was coming by to say hi to Elena and walked past her, she tried to stop me, but I just headed up the stairs. If I had been listening, I would have figured out why she didn't want me coming in or why she didn't even want to be there."

Lei waited for Caroline to continue while seeing an extendable ear coming in from another room being dragged by Jeff, and Sirius practically climbing out of his portrait, she knew the others were listening in. "When I entered Elena's room, Matt and Elena scrambled to cover themselves." Lei took a second for that to sink in, "Wait, aren't you and Matt a thing?" Lei heard a gasp from Sirius and a few others. Jeff had coiled himself in Caroline's lap, he liked the girl and felt her distress. Caroline cried a little harder, "I thought so. But when I caught them instead of feeling guilty and embarrassed, they both started yelling at me. Saying I'm a narcissistic, insecure freak and it would have been better off if I died instead of becoming a vampire. Elena got in my face and told me that nobody ever liked me. That I was always going to be everyone's last choice. Then Matt chimed in and said I was as shallow as a kiddie pool. After that I left before I did something I would regret and came here."