Pilot

It has been a week and a half since their arrival.  They have moved into their new home and already met their neighbors, the Lockwoods.  Being the curious person that she is, Carol Lockwood dragged her husband and son to meet the newcomers.  She heard quite a bit about them from Sheriff Forbes and her daughter Caroline.  The introductions were a little tense, but everyone was polite with fake smiles.  Mayor Lockwood and Fenrir kept their distance from each other after their wolves bristled when they shook hands.  Tyler Lockwood stayed quiet until Leilani said she was the new history teacher at the high school.

"Wait, what?  Tanner was the football coach.  He just up and quit?  There goes the season," Tyler slumped in his spot on the couch.  "You know, they didn't say anything about him being the coach.  The administration just told me he quit after ranting about hating kids.  I do know something about coaching a team, I was captain of my team in school.  We played Football, but I think it's called something else here in the states."  Tyler cut in, "Soccer.  It's called Soccer."  Lei nods her head, "Thanks.  I could coach until someone better is found."  Tyler perked up a little bit.  He'll have to talk with the team about a girl coaching them.

"Wonderful.  Well, we must be going.  It was nice meeting you all," Carol stood up, her face still plastered with a fake smile, and once again dragged her family back home.  She could tell those people are from old money by the looks of the expensive furnishings, the paintings decorating the walls, and a few portraits that she could have sworn moved.  Once the front door of the Lockwood home was closed the Mayor stomped into his office for a stiff drink, his wife and son followed behind him.  Setting his glass down, the Mayor turns to his son, "I don't like it.  A woman coaching Football."  He decided to go with that route instead of explaining to his son that Fenrir had a scent of a wolf, a very dangerous wolf.  He lifted his glass and took another drink, "I'll contact the school board and find someone to coach as soon as possible."  Tyler wanted to argue, but he knows it was no use when it comes to his father.

Hermione could feel the apprehension from Fenrir as she watched him look out the window towards the Lockwoods' home.  She stood next to him, "What's bothering you?"  Fenrir sighs and moves away from the window, "My wolf felt on edge the whole time the Mayor was here.  When I shook his hand, I could smell his wolf but it was different.  His son gave off a little bit of a wolf scent.  I could tell the Mayor smelt my wolf, he practically jumped to the other side of the room."  "I did notice that.  Carol is probably another Fudge, wanting to keep everyone in this town happy so her husband will stay in office.  We'll keep our distance for now.  However, there was an article in the paper about the anniversary of the town.  There's a party, parade, carnival, beauty pageant, and a ball."  Hermione scrunched her nose in disgust thinking about the ball, she was not looking forward to wearing a dress.

Over the next few days, Leilani was getting the rest of her paperwork filled out at the high school as well as getting everything for the coaching position.  She looked over some of the playbooks and added some of her own notes.  Packing those away for the time being and finished up her curriculum for the year.  It took some convincing, but she got approved for what she wanted to teach.  At first, the administration didn't want to hire Lei because she was so young, but she showed her (magically conjured) proof of being a teacher's aide in college while getting her teaching degree.  Leilani loved magic, really she did. 

The night before the first day of school Lei was pacing between her closet and desk to make sure she had everything.  She didn't want to embarrass herself on the first day by forgetting something.  Lei was rummaging through her closet for something professional to wear, however, after thinking it through, she decided to be comfortable.  So, skinny jeans, tee-shirt, sneakers, and Sirius' leather jacket.  She was getting changed into sweats and a tank top for bed.  The black Grimm on her right shoulder stretched and yawned, curling up into a ball on her back.  He was soon snuggled by a massive Stag that usually stands tall on her left shoulder.  Finally, a scare-covered and overly tired werewolf wrapped himself around the other two.  She smiled as she watched Padfoot, Prongs, and Moony through the reflection in her bathroom mirrors.