What the Hell is a Boggart?!

It was mid-day when Kol found his way into the library. He had spent the majority of his time after being undaggered in Hermione's Sanctuary. He wasn't avoiding his siblings per se, he just felt like they would be bothered with his presence. Especially considering he was working with witches to construct a dagger that would work on Niklaus. Kol only wanted to dagger his older brother so he would know how it felt after a century or two. It was petty, he knows that, but it would have been worth it. Just so he could say, "See! That's how it feels!"

However, now that their father has been eliminated, Kol has been left on his own. Which is where he is now, the library inside the Potter home. And he didn't know where to start. He stood in front of the long table just staring into space when someone came into the room.

"Hello? You must be Kol?" Lavender had wanted to find a moment of peace without being isolated in the room she was given. The library seemed like the best place. She and Pansy were becoming accustomed to this world quite easily since the differences weren't many. Pansy had decided to wander around the town with Regulus and Minerva. The three of them offered for her to go with them but she politely declined. Entering the library, she was surprised to find one of the oldest vampires from the world lost in thought. She thought he was a very handsome man, but he looked so lost.

Kol faced the new person, "The one and only, darling. And who might you be?" "Lavender," She extended her hand for him to take. Kol lightly grasped her hand and kissed her knuckles like a true gentleman. He politely dropped her hand and Lavender cleared her throat. She asked, "Are you looking for something in particular? I may be able to help."

He smiled at the young girl and faced the bookshelves, "I don't know where to begin." Lavender moved to stand next to him, "Well, what is it you're trying to achieve?" "To answer that, I would have to tell you how I became an Original Vampire," Kol says. Lavender sat in the nearest comfy armchair and gestured for the one next to her. Kol sat and took a breath, "My siblings and I have lived and roamed the Earth for over a thousand years. When we were human, I was a protege in witchcraft. When I would have reached maturity, I could have surpassed my mother." Darkness filled his expression as he thought about what his mother had done, "But when my mother turned us into what me and my siblings are, I lost that connection with nature and with it my ability to practice magic."

Lavender's heart broke for Kol, "Oh, that is so sad. In our world whenever a witch or wizard became a vampire their magic would become stronger. Although, the breed of vampire was different. Their skin was pale, eyes were black, and they seemed more animalistic than human. But the author who wrote about them was very prejudiced. The only vampire I ever met was nothing but kind and a gentleman. He was visiting an old professor of mine during the holidays and answered questions for some of the students. So, what is it you're trying to achieve?"

The Original smiled at the enthusiastic girl, "I would like to be able to practice magic again." Lavender smiled as she stood up, "Alright, let's start with the basics. Since our magic is different, we'll start with Magical Theory, History of Magic, Wand lore, Ancient Runes, Numerology and Grammatica, Herbology, and Magical Drafts and Potions." Several books quickly floated from different shelves and landed on the table in front of Kol. He stood from his seat and was going to start skimming through them when Lavender put her hand over his.

She quickly let go and tried to hide her blushing cheeks, "These are the basics. Besides our school textbooks. Magical Theory, History of Magic, and Wand lore can help explain how our magic works. Though some of the theories are a little outdated. Numerology and Grammatica in conjunction with Ancient Runes are the baseline for creating new spells and being able to calculate the outcome. Herbology and Potions is pretty self-explanatory. Maybe the answer you're looking for is to create a spell and/or a potion to give you the ability to practice magic."