Death Cleans House

Death Cleans House

Thanatos rubs his temples to try and calm the oncoming headache. He and his Reapers have been dealing with the supernaturals in the Other Side while simultaneously reaping other dimensions. It was exhausting. The worst of the supernaturals were the witches. They thought they were superior to everyone, including Death himself.

Two particular witches have been a thorn in his and his reapers' sides, Qetsiyah and Esther Mikaelson. Those two have rallied several witches together to try and evade the Reapers. But Thanatos has had enough. He will deal with these two himself.

While Thanatos is coming up with a strategy to reap those two, he visits the Prison Worlds created to house those who were banished. As he visited them, he declared the occupants not worth saving and destroyed them. One of which housed the Salvatore brother's mother. He shook his head when he saw she had built a new family with little to no care for her actual sons. So, with a heavy heart, Death brought down the Prison Worlds.

Thanatos visited one final Prison World and felt only one occupant. He appeared next to them but remained invisible so he could observe the guy. Death had learned his name was Malachi Parker, also known as Kai. Kai was a sociopath sent to this Prison World by his father after murdering his siblings. Death kind of felt bad for the guy...at first. Then he learned if Kai ever escaped, he would murder the rest of his family, no matter their age. Death could not stand for that, so he destroyed this Prison World too and its one occupant.

Thanatos finished with the Prison Worlds and was in another dimension. He was dealing with a couple of spoiled brats trying to destroy this version of Earth in a head-to-head battle when Jesse, his favored Reaper approached him. "Sir, it seems our Mistress' old world has gone to war. The magical world has been discovered, only a few have survived."

Exhaling in frustration, Thanatos told Jesse, "I will deal with them once I have settled things here." Jesse shook her head, "This world has always been troublesome. Those brothers never stop fighting." Death only hummed in agreement. Jesse goes to step away, "I will keep an eye on the Wizarding World for now. If their numbers get too low, I'll..." "Move them to my Mistress' world," Death finished for her. They both nodded at each other before Jesse vanished. Thanatos turned his attention back to the bantering brothers and thought, 'What am I going to do with you two?'

All Thanatos could do was shake his head before he interfered, coming between two brothers, and stopping that dimension from being destroyed. Then he turned his attention back to his Mistress' old world and was shocked to see how bad it was. "Son of a bitch."

After shifting the wizards and witches that wanted to leave their old world behind to his Mistress' new world, Death veered his attention to The Other Side. Spending a few years going between the Other Side and other dimensions reaping the supernatural, sending them where they belong in the Afterlife.

However, before Thanatos could reap Esther Mikaelson, she escaped his clutches with the help of Bennett witches both living and dead. No matter, he knew it would be a matter of time before she died again. Then, he will send her soul to the deepest, darkest pit of Hell.

Qetsiyah is too weak to continue to fight so Death reveals his plan to release Amara and waken Silas. He brings the three of them together, Tessa is heartbroken to see Silas go to Amara. Death removes the three of them and the empty Other Side dissolves.

The ancestral witches are gone due to the Other Side being destroyed. Death sneered in the presence of a spirit that has been locked away in the Ancestral Well for almost 2 thousand years. She tried her best to overtake Jesse's physical form but was only successful in pissing him off. Death dissolved her tortured spirit, not leaving a trace behind in both the Afterlife and the Living world.

The process of tearing down the Other Side takes some time. During which time Esther rose from the dead, the witches of New Orleans performed a ritualistic sacrifice called the Harvest, and finally the Bennetts' tried to create a new anchor but failed. With the Other Side gone, the magic of this world began to rely on Earth Magic, the Ley Lines, and nature itself.

And so, Magic adapted.

AN: Short chapter focusing on Death and his Reapers. Some events in this chapter will be referenced in future chapters. Klaus will show his (own) face in the next chapter. Majority votes are in for a triad = Damon/Leilani/Niklaus. I have other pairings planned out and the survivors might surprise you. And of course, Luna will be here too.