|| 6. My Wife ||

The next morning in the Oberoi mansion garden, Shakti, Tej and Omru sat and attentively listened as Shivaay told them about the message Daksh had sent Annika.

"Wonder why Daksh did that?" Om asked.

"Bhaiya, you don't understand why are you so worried. It was just a regular message anyone would do to their friend" Rudra said.

"No Rudra, I can surely tell it is not that" Shivaay said with utmost surity.

"What makes you say so Shivaay?" Tej asked seeing his nephew so sure when none of them could see anything wrong.

"He is obsessed with Annika, bade papa. In fact, he also tried to manipulate me about her. He also proposed to her to show off" Shivaay said in a tensed voice.

"Have you confirmed this Shivaay?" Shakti asked.

"Yes dad. When she had rejected his proposal, he took advantage of her nyctophobia and traumatized her a lot. To the extent that if I hadn't reached her house on time, he was on the verge of killing her as well" Shivaay said and his fear clearly reflected in his voice making the others shiver as well.

"If that is so, then he really is dangerous. By the way Shivaay, if we are allowed to ask, what did he say to manipulate you against bhabhi?" Om asked slowly so as not to intrude into his brother's personal life

Shivaay heaved a breath and told all of them the disgusting lie Daksh had told him about Annika spending the night with him for money. As he ended, all of them had disgusted looks on their faces.

"He is very tactful. He knew about my weakness of naam, khoon, khaandan and he used the same against me. I mean he knew that I would trust him over some employee and he could then use the same thing to his advantage later on" Shivaay said and Om asked him, "Did you believe that Annik bhabhi could do something as low like this Shivaay?"

Shivaay rubbed his forehead. Honestly, he had expected someone to ask him this and he was almost sure that that person would be Om.

"Honestly Om, when Daksh told me about this story, I saw Annika in his room. He had carefully planned it out so that it looks more believable to me. And for one point, I was in two minds, but one look at Annika and I was hundred percent sure that she can't do anything like this. She is too self-respecting and to lose that for someone as low as Daksh would never be her doing. But trust me, I still blame myself for that one moment of doubt and mistrust. I truly do. And it is not just because I am married to her now. It has been before that as well"

Shivaay looked up and saw the men look at him in admiration.

"It is okay bhaiya. What matters is that you trust her now and I am so glad aapne apne regular SSO wale roop mein aake bhabhi ko question nahi kiya. I am proud of you" Rudra got up and patted his eldest brother's shoulder.

"What you did was correct Shivaay. We now know the extent to which Daksh can go and we need to take care of Annika. I know that she is more than capable of handling herself but that doesn't mean we will sit idle. We will find him out and finish the matter once and for all. Till then, we need to beef up security, especially today" Tej stated and all seemed to agree with him.

"You are right bade papa. I have also decided something. I will take Annika's name but not show her face in front of the world. I know that it won't be of much help, but it is best option. Security around her will also be increased" Shivaay continued.

"But Shivaay, do you think this press conference is necessary? I mean, with all these problems of Tia and now Daksh" Om asked seriously.

"Om, shaadi kaise bhi hui ho, the fact is that it happened and I am eternally grateful to Annika for doing it. I can't repay her in any way but this is the least I can do. And plus, this conference has a lot of other motives as well" Shivaay said with a smirk that very well indicated the awakening of the Shark Singh Oberoi as Annika likes to call him.