|| 18. Trust or Not? ||

Annika stood in front of the mirror properly checking her saree and appearance. Yesterday had passed by quickly and today was the day of the event.

She had been quite overjoyed yesterday as Shivaay had come as promised and they had finalized the deal for her office. Very soon, they were going to start the work for the place.

But her excitement from the day before had died down and it was replaced with giddiness and tension. Part reason of it was also that this morning, Mr. Ahluwalia had called saying that his mother had passed away and his presence was needed in his hometown. So, the entire responsibility of the party fell on the team's shoulders and that was literally giving her jitters.

"Annika, aren't you getting late? Hurry up" She heard Shivaay's distant voice as the closed door of her room became a barrier. She checked herself for the last time and opened the door.

Outside, Shivaay was waiting for her. He was mesmerized the minute he laid his eyes on her. She really look beautiful in her silver shimmering saree. She had minimal make-up. But her chaand bracelet and mangalsutra made her look simple yet extremely elegant.

"You look really beautiful" He complimented her and she look flustered. "Bas ek problem hai" She shot up her eyes listening to that and immediately started fretting.

"Kuch reh gaya kya? Did I forget something?" She checked her dress when she heard him again.

"Your smile" He said in a daze.

"Huh" She almost whispered. In her confusion, she didn't grasp the actual meaning of his words.

"I said your face looks so bad with all that frown lines and tension. So maybe, you can let that go and try smiling" He quickly covered up and she was relived that he didn't make things awkward.

"I am really tensed Shivaay and here you want to mess around with me" She huffed as she wore her heels sitting on the couch.

"I was just trying to lighten up the atmosphere and lessen your worries, even though I don't see a reason for you to worry" He said nonchantly.

"Are you crazy? This is a big party for our company, the Sharmas are quite reputed too and our boss is also not here to supervise" She said all of this so fast that Shivaay couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"You find all of this funny?" She glared at him and he still didn't reduce that damn smile.

"It is funny. Everything is taken care of  and it is not like you are the only sole person who has to manage the whole party. You have 4 colleagues with you and also other people from event management. So, I don't understand why you are so stressed" He proudly said and gave a lopsided smirk.

"Oh yeah" She definitely was going to give back even though she knew that he is correct. "Don't you have to get ready? Host ke bagair party ka kya achaar daalu mein?"

He just smiled in response.

"Annika, I am almost ready. I just have to wear my blazer and tie. You have to go early, not me. Go and fix all the preparations. Otherwise you won't be at peace" He taunted.

"I get your taunts and I know why me getting stressed about the event is a funny thing for you. But iske baare mein baadmein baat karenge. I have to leave now. Samar will be here any moment now" She got up and proceeded to the door. As decided earlier, her whole team were going to go to the venue together and she was the last one to be picked up. 

"I will take your leave now. Come on time okay" She said with her back turned. But before going out, she turned back and saw him leaning on the passage wall and giving a smile. Unlike the past few minutes, the smile wasn't mischievous or taunting but a reassuring one.