|| 25.Broken ||

Annika and Rudra cautiously entered the room. The remaining family was waiting outside as Tej and Janvi were totally disturbed and Janvi was even crying. Pinky and Shakti were consoling them.

As soon as Annika and Rudra stepped in, Annika's hand immediately flew to cup her mouth.

"My god Shivaay! You are bleeding" She exclaimed and ran to him.

"Shh Annika. Calm down. It is nothing much. Don't speak loudly otherwise it will wake Om up" Shivaay gently shushed her.

"But Shivaay... Blood" She almost had tears in her eyes when Shivaay looked at Rudra and the younger man ran to the other side of the room to get something.

As soon as he got it, Annika snatched the first aid kit from Rudra and rummaged through it haphazardly. Shivaay just looked at Annika and assured Rudra that he will handle it. He then called Rudra to him who promptly did so.

"Ru, don't worry okay. Bhaiya is here. Kuch galat nahi hoga. Om is fine. Once he gets up, we will sort things out. Tu darna mat. Meine kaha hai na tujhse, jab tak mein hu, kuch galat nahi hoga. So, you go and sleep. And take badi ma and everyone with you. Tell them, I am here with Om and everything is under control now. Kal subah baat karenge" Shivaay caressed Rudra's head lovingly and kissed on his forehead. Rudra nodded and made his way out of the room. He bolted the door shut as he left.

Shivaay then looked at Annika who had now removed the bandage and antiseptic to apply to his wounds. She was unnaturally quiet and Shivaay understood that she was scared.

"It's okay Annika. You don't get too scared" She looked up at him listening to that.

Annika didn't say anything and quietly started putting the antiseptic on the wound on his hand first.

"Doesn't it hurt?" She asked painfully after a few seconds when he didn't wince as she put the medicine.

With his free hand, he held her chin and made her look at him. He was surprised to see a thin layer of tears in her eyes.

"Annika, meine tumse kaha na, darne ki koi baat nahi hai. Om is fine"

"I know Om is fine. But to handle him, aapko itni chot lagi uska kya?" She spoke in a slow voice as if fearing his reaction.

"These just small wounds Annika. They will heal in some days. I understand that this is the first time you have seen something like this, but trust me, I have handled worse than this. So, please don't look so forlorn. I can't see my brother vulnerable like this and my best friend so sad. Come on, now give me your khidkitod Annika smile" He assured her but yet she didn't smile.

"But Shivaay.... "

"Annika, no more emotional talk. I said na, I can handle this and I have done it in the past as well and will continue doing so. As my best friend, I just need you to stand by me and be my support. Itna chota sa kaam toh karogi na?"

Annika was surprised to see him ask something from her rightfully and she finally smiled a bit.

"Fine, I will stand by you" She promised and he also smiled a bit.

"Now can you please bandage the wound. Antiseptic se ab jal raha hai" Shivaay said and Annika suddenly realized that it had been almost 2 minutes since she had put the antiseptic and the wound was also fresh. It would be stinging him.

"Sorry sorry" She immediately apologized and gently wrapped his wound with the bandage.

She got up to tend to his forehead wound but he stopped her in between.