|| 15. Promise of Friendship ||

Annika's phone, which was lying on the table rang. She was busy in talking with Mr.Ahluwalia so she couldn't pick it up.

"Annika, your phone's ringing" Samar, one of her colleagues called out to her when he saw that she had finished her talk.

"Let it be. I will pick it up later" Annika replied as she now had her hands full with a heavy box which Mr. Ahluwalia had given her.

"By the way who is it?"

"Someone named billuji" Samar answered and saw the expression on Annika's face change quickly.

"Samar, will you please help me and take this box. I have to attend this call" Seeing her so desperate, Samar quickly agreed and took the box from her.

By the time she reached her phone, the call had disconnected. Without wasting any more time, she dialled his number and waited impatiently for him to pick up.

"Hello" His voice was heard after a few rings.

"So sorry billuji. I had a huge box in hand. That is why I couldn't pick up. Hope you didn't feel bad" She apologized.

"It's okay. I just wanted to inform you that I may get a little late today, so you go home with Khanna. And don't make dinner. I will order something for us"

"But Khannaji.... " She spoke hesitantly.

"Don't worry, he will wait at the same place where I had dropped you. You give him a call once you are done and he will come"

"Okay"

"I have to go as I have a meeting in 5 minutes but we will talk later okay?" He spoke hurriedly and she could hear his steps.

"Yes,bye"

He cut the call and Annika went back to her work. Should she feel bad that he didn't ask her about her work or should she feel happy that he called in the middle of his busy schedule?

"Hey Annika, kaha kho gayi thi?" Samar snapped his fingers in front of her and she came back to the real world.

"No where" She muttered and cleared her throat.

"Just out of curiousity Annika, who saves a contact as billuji? And is that person okay with that?" He asked.

"Ha, actually I call him that only"

"So it is a he" Jaggi, her other colleague jumped in the conversation.

"How did you come to know what we were talking about?" She asked him, confused.

"I just happened to overhear milady" He said with a shrug. "Now tell us, who is he?"

"Excuse me? Why are you both so inquisitive? How is your matter anyway?" She also replied in the same tone and turned back to go.

"We understood, hum dost bhi nahi hai ab. Ek simple question pucha and she doesn't even tell us that. Agar humse kuch puchti toh hum toh zarur bata dete" Samar said overdramatically, with 'over' being the key word here.

Annika let out a sigh and turned around again. "Firstly, we just met today and our friendship is quite knew but since you are hell bent on knowing the identity of that person, let me tell you that he is my husband" Annika said and showed them her mangalsutra. "And you are getting no more information other than that. No more pestering me about him anymore, understand?"

She then went on to finish the work she had been assigned so that she could go home early.

When she finished her work, she called up Khannaji and she found him exactly at that place where Shivaay had dropped her. She sat inside and he began driving.