|| 49. Breakthrough||

"Baby, you shouldn't roam around so freely like this. What if Shivaay or someone else from his family sees you. We can't let our plan go flop now" Tia exasperatedly said as she walked to and fro in her house.

"Tia, I am your goddamn husband. Humne toh decide kiya tha na that we will live a peaceful life where it will be just us. Then why endanger that by planning and plotting? Meine pata kiya hai. Shivaay and Annika are very happy with one another and so can we. Kyun nahi kar sakte hum bhi?" Dushyant stopped Tia by holding her arms and turning her towards him.

"Ha, and how will we live? We need money to survive Dushyant and woh humey sirf Shivaay se hi milega. Ek baar woh mil jaaye toh hum apni ek nayi zindagi shuru karenge, sabse dur"

"Not everything in life is about money. I have a job, a well paying one Tia and that is enough to sustain us both. And aisa toh hai nahi na that we won't ever earn more. Toh fir Oberois ke saath panga lekar kya milega. All of this apart, what will you do of Svetlana di? She is obsessed with destroying the Oberois.... "

"Wajah bhi toh hai na" Tia cut him off. "Those bloody senior Oberois killed our papa. They are the reason why we had to roam here and there to live" By the end, she was all in tears.

"Baby, please listen to me" He wiped her tears and beckoned her to pay attention to him. "Did you see the Oberois killing your father? Or id your mother show you the both any concrete proofs of that crime?"

Tia didn't reply and Dushyant took it as a cue to continue. "Neither you saw what actually happened and nor do you know what ever your mom has told you is completely true or not. And as far as we know your mother, she is quite a shrewd and manipulative woman. Aisa bhi toh ho sakta hai na that she has brainwashed you and Svetlana di into believing that Oberois are bad and you need to take revenge from them"

That sent Tia into deep thought. Surely, this can be the flip side of the coin. Because as long as she could recollect, she only remembered her mother drilling the fact that the Oberoi family is their arch enemy and they should do everything for their downfall into her and Svetlana's mind. Since they were too small, it was easy for them to believe all that and dedicate their whole lives to this single purpose. Also, because Svetlana was elder, more headstrong and attached to their parents, she became too obsessed with avenging them.

"Tia, meri yeh baat humesha yaad rakhna. Kahi aisa na ho jaaye ki tumhari iss badle ki aag mein tum unn logo ko kho do jinse tum pyaar karti ho. Learn to identify the people who genuinely love you and aren't just using you and your sister for their own benefits. Kahi itni der na jaaye ki tum dono ke haath mein kuch na rahe and end mein tum log rotey raho" Dushyant said in a very strict voice while looking directly into her eyes.

He turned back to leave and as his footsteps faded, she crashed down on the ground with her face in between her arms.

•••

"Ahh" Annika woke up and her hand immediately went to the back of her neck as she experienced a sharp pain. While still caressing it, she sat up straight and smiled seeing the scene in front of her. Shivaay was still asleep with his head on Shakti's forearm and one hand tightly held on to one of hers. She assumed that she was asleep in Pinky's lap who had held Shivaay's arm clutched in her hold.

"Bhabhi" Rudra's loud booming voice was heard and soon, he came into her view.

"Shush Rudy" Annika put a finger on her lips to quieten him but the damage was already done. Shivaay, Shakti and Pinky woke up.

By then, all the other family members had gathered in the room sans Dadi, who was still at the ashram.

"Aww, so cute Pinky and Shakti" Janvi commented and both of them got a little embarrassed.