|| 36. Destiny Defeated ||

Annika paced to and fro in the corridor. It had been twenty minute since she was escorted out by the doctors who had darted in the room on hearing her shouts.

It had been quite difficult for them to separate her hand from Shivaay's as he had held onto it quite tightly. At the same time, a tear trickled down his tightly closed eyes which was noticed by Annika. She was about to wipe it as it twisted her heart. But just then, the doctor gave Shivaay an electric shock on his chest and he involuntarily left Annika's hand. And before she could ask anything to the doctor, the nurse hurriedly ushered them out. She stood by the large window of the room to see the doctor continue to give the shocks to him. She watched with a wretched heart as Shivaay's limp body lifted up as he received the shock and fall down as the shock subsided. All this time, her tears hadn't stopped even for a second. It pained her equally, if not more to see Shivaay going through this.

A hand on her shoulder made her turn back and encountered Om.

"He will be alright bhabhi"

"I want him to be. Look at him" She turned back again to see the process going on still. "But I am too scared Om. What was happening to him that the doctor had to give him electric shocks? Did you see how he contracted when it was given. He is not feeling comfortable at all. I can't bear to see him to go through this. Kyun ho raha hai unke saath?" She sighed tiredly.

"I also thought that he is destiny's favorite to trouble. Bachpan se ab tak, there hasn't been a day where he hasn't fought a battle for the family, for us, for the house, for the business. He is never tired and hota bhi ho toh kuch bolta nahi hai"

"Not this time Om. I won't let destiny trouble him. He will win, and this time, he won't be fighting alone. All of us will be with him. Not behind him, but in front of him. Tum dekhna"

Rudra let out a dry, sarcastic and sad smile. "Woh toh tab hoga if bhaiya lets us do that. He will never let us face any danger or problem first. Khud khade ho jayenge saamne, jaise iss baar kiya. He won't change"

"Yeah, he won't" Om knowingly shook his head.

At that moment, the doctor came out and Omru and Annika rushed to him.

"Is Shivaay okay? Why did you give him these shocks? Didn't you know how painful it would have been for him"

Dr. Malik, who had entered the ward a few minutes ago, came out and asked the doctor to leave.

"Annika, am I right?" He asked in a soft voice and Annika nodded.

"Listen, the shocks were essential for Shivaay. He was sinking. His heart condition had triggered and honestly, I had expected that. He is okay now and thankfully, he didn't slip into a coma. He may get consciousness in a few hours. And don't give him any more stress, the process of the shocks is always too tiring for a person's body and Shivaay's body is anyway too weak. I will meet you when he gets consciousness. Take care" And with a small smile, he left.

Om was immediately taken in a hug by Rudra who was bawling like a small kid. He knew they were happy tears on having his brother back from the jaws of death. Om also caressed his back in assurance.

"Bhai is fine. Woh ab theek hai. God didn't take him away from us and he defeated death. Meine kaha tha na Shivaay zarur jeetega. Woh humare paas wapis aa gaya"

"Yes O. Now you see, I will not let him go anywhere leaving me, leaving all of us alone. Even if does all these stunts na, nahi jaane dunga. And we will also take care of him. Woh bahot jaldi puri tarah se theek ho jayenge. Hum sab unka itna ache se khayal rakhenge. Koi kami nahi hone denge unki dekhbhaal mein, hain na?" And Om nodded seeing how happy his younger brother was looking.