|| 34. Can't Lose You ||

Annika stumbled on the ground having a weight on herself. Blood trickled down on her dress but she didn't feel any pain. Her eyes widened seeing Shivaay who was on top, facing her, slowly drooping his eyes due to the pain he was in.

"Shivaay" She screamed. At that moment, she was oblivious to everything. She didn't notice Daksh's evil laugh while walking off with the police officers, she didn't become aware of the whole family running towards them and she didn't hear their cries either.

"Anni" She heard his feeble voice and looked down to him. Keeping his head in her lap, she cupped his cheeks.

"Shivaay, kuch nahi hua hai aapko, okay? Aap bilkul theek hai" She said frantically, as if to reassure herself since she was sub consciously aware that the situation wasn't as well as she wanted it to be. She looked further down to see the blood continuously flowing near the heart region making her scared even more. She also felt a hold tighten on her hand and saw that Shivaay had his gaze fixed on her even as his eyes threatened to close anytime.

"Bhabhi, ambulance ko aane mein time lagega and we don't have that much time. We only have to take Shivaay to the hospital. Please, get up fast" The family had surrounded them completely and Om acted fast.

Once, they settled in the car, Om took the driver's seat, Rudra on the passenger seat and Annika with Shivaay's head in her lap in the back seat, Om started driving like a madman. The other family members were following them.

"Bhabhi, just don't let him close his eyes. If that happens, it can lead to serious complications"

Annika, though now very frightened patted Shivaay's cheeks. She could see his eyes dropping more, sweat trickling down his forehead and he was taking heavy breaths as if to stay awake which was getting all the more difficult for him.

"Shivaay, please aakhein khuli rakhiye. Listen to me, you can't lose consciousness. Think about Omru, dadi, maa, papa and the whole family. You know how much you mean to them na. Remember all the happy times you spent with them and all the happier times you are going to spend with them in the future. Aapko toh Rudy ko woh car bhi toh deni hai, Om ka naya exhibition bhi dekhna hai and maa-papa ke liye aap jo gift laaye they woh bhi toh aapko dena hai na unhe. Sunn rahe hai na aap, Shivaay" She pleaded to him. Rudra sniffed hearing her. He looked sideways to see Om also crying. He recollected the last time Shivaay had been hospitalized when he had been poisoned. The doctor had clearly told them that Shivaay's body wasn't so strong enough to sustain another life threatening blow. And that is why Rudra was praying to every God he knew to just keep his brother safe.

"And how can you forget about me Shivaay? Didn't you say that friends never leave each other alone? You know na how scared I am of people leaving me. Didn't you promise that you would never leave me alone. You can't break that. Aap toh Shivaay Singh Oberoi hai na, and Shivaay Singh Oberoi never breaks his promises. Shivaay, you have to listen to me. Samjhe aap" Annika yelled seeing his eyes almost closing.

"Anni" He again tried to speak in a faint voice. "If something happens to me" He took a deep breath again "Please.....please take care of the family..........I can .....trust you with that"

"Shut up. Muh band rakhiye. Bakwaas band kijiye apni. Nothing is going to happen to you. Apne zindagi mein kitna kuch jhela hai already Shivaay. And you have always emerged victorious. Dekhna, iss baar bhi aise hi hoga. Samjhe aap? Isliye, take all the stupid thoughts out of your head" Her tears fell on Shivaay's face and his blood had now almost soaked her light purple dress.

"Ahhh" A loud, deep wince from Shivaay made Annika too alert as she knew that it was becoming excruciatingly painful for Shivaay to keep himself conscious. She knew that he was doing it for them. And to see him in so much pain was feeling like someone was pining nails on her heart.