|| 42. You and Me Make We ||

"Are you sure, Shivaay? Aap apna khayal rakh lenge?"

"Anni, calm down. I am not a 5 year old kid" Shivaay reassured her by holding her shoulders.

"But Shivaay..... " She pushed his hands off and started running here, packing her bag.

"Meine kaha na you don't need to take any tension. Mein apna khayal rakh sakta hu"

She looked up and gave him a suspicious glare making him squirm. "Of course, I know. You weren't the one who almost tripped over a medicine bottle he himself had thrown on the ground, hain na?"

He sheepishly rubbed his neck hearing her taunt him sarcastically. "Ha toh, galti se hua tha and I didn't know the bottle was empty and was down on the ground"

"Aap ke haath se gira tha" She narrowed her eyes.

"But that doesn't mean that I can't take care of myself. I will manage"

Annika was finally go to work today as a major event was to be held day after tomorrow and her presence was inevitable. And Shivaay insisted on staying alone until she came. Naturally, she was apprehensive. He still was not completely healed and the dressing was still there. His injection was still being given and Gauri had informed that due to his heart condition and place and depth of wound, his recovery was slow. He could move around in the house and looked fine outwardly, but internally, for things to heal, it would take almost 2 more weeks.

"Anni jaan" She heard him call her with an extra sweet voice making her come out of the stupor. He was looking at her with puppy eyes and pouty lips.

"No you can't. And don't you jaan me. I wasn't even ready to go but you convinced me to and I am definitely not leaving you alone. Meine Om ko phone kiya hai and Oberoi mansion se koi aa jayega. Samjhe aap?"

"Par.. " He came forward and wound his hands around her waist. "Kal hi toh itna acha din hua na. Now that you again are back in your khidkitod avatar, why are you hell bent on punishing me. Wife bol diya toh hukumat kar rahi ho. Dekho, due to me, your face is red. You are blushing so hard. Kal ki kiss ka aisa jawaab dogi tum?"

At his flattering words, she widened her eyes. "Aap bahot bade cheapde hai. I am not flattered. If you think that coming closer, speaking so sweetly will melt me, that is not happening, dear husband" She put her hand firmly on his chest and pushed him slightly back. He frowned and she couldn't help but chuckle at his expressions.

"Anniiiii" He rolled her name very sweetly.

"Nahi hoga. Why don't you understand Shivaay? If you are here alone, I will constantly worry about you. You still aren't well completely. Mein aapko aise akele nahi chod sakti" She spoke in a vulnerable voice and he tightened his hold.

"Acha theek hai" He kissed her forehead in assurance making her happy. "I had told you na yesterday. You don't need to get scared. I am fine. Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe and mein nahi jaane wala tumhe chod ke. You have spend your full life with this tadibaaz bagadbilla" He then rubbed her nose with his and she giggled.

"Nahi jaayenge na? I can't live without you"

"Nahi jaaunga. And what do you think, will I be able to survive without this khidkitod paanika?"

In reply, she bent forward and kissed his cheek lovingly. As she moved back, she witnessed his smile getting wide. He also then reciprocated by kissing her cheek.

"What's this for now?"

"Arre, you are going for work after so long and this event is important. So an all the best for you. Ab se iski aadat daal lo. Plus, you look extremely beautiful in this formal pant and top" Annika blushed. Never had she liked her formal attire much but with Shivaay liking it, she also had started falling in love with it. She had plaited her hair in a fishtail while some strands were falling on her face.