||21. You are Family||

At dinner, Shivaay was extremely quiet and no one was daring enough to talk to him and tick him off. They just asked Annika through gestures on his reactions and she just nodded in negative.

Once she finished dinner, she quickly ran to the bedroom only to find Shivaay going towards the poolside on a phone call. She sat on the couch and began thinking.

"I need Shivaay to vent out his emotions and he won't do that unless he is provoked. I need to push him over the edge and tabhi woh react karenge"

An idea clicked in her mind and her eyes twinkled.

And so, when Shivaay came in the room after a few minutes, he was beyond shocked to see Annika asleep on the couch and shivering due to the AC temperature. He looked at it and noticed that the temperature had been reduced from what he had set it to.

He didn't want to talk to her but he also couldn't let her sleep like this on the couch and in the cold.

"Annika, wake up and sleep on the bed. You can't sleep here" He whispered softly and she didn't stir.

"Annika, wake up" He said it a bit louder this time and again the same response.

Finally, after a few minutes of unsuccessfully trying, Annika's face was completely drenched as Shivaay had thrown water on her. She then woke up with a start.

"Kya hua? Why did you throw water on me?" She acted shocked as a part of the plan and she knew that the start of her plan had been successful.

"Go and sleep on the bed" He said in a plain voice.

"But this is my room as well. I can sleep wherever I want and tonight I wish to sleep on the couch. It is more comfortable here" She argued back.

"Don't argue with me Annika. Listen to me and go to sleep. It has been a long day" She could sense his exasperation and she was mentally dancing seeing the success of her plan.

"But Shivaay, aap meri baat samajh hi nahi rahe hai. In the past, you used to sleep on the couch. This time, I want to. As simple as that. Baat maan lijiye and jhagda khatam kijiye" She said, trying hard to supress her smile.

"Jhagda shuru tumne kiya. So you accept what I am saying and don't trouble me more. I don't want to be more angry than I already am" He retorted.

"But why are you angry?" She asked.

"So do you think I should be happy? How could you Annika? Itni badi baat kyun chupayi tumne mujhse?" He finally let it out and crashed on the couch with his hands covering his face.

"I am really sorry Shivaay. I didn't mean to. I just thought about your deal... "

"What did you think? Ha? Bolo? Yeh soch hai tumhari mere baare mein?" He said angrily, getting up.

"Shivaay, woh.. " She took a deep breath before continuing. "I had seen you working so hard on this deal so obviously I thought about it. And plus, I had handled the guy well"

He again interrupted her. "So, you thought ki Shivaay ko iss sab ke baare mein kyun batana, hain na? Sirf ek deal ke liye? Is that how low you think of me?" He asked with disbelief.

"What are you saying?" Annika looked concerned and was about to hold his hand when he retracted it.

"Annika, this is such a big thing. That man tried to misbehave with you and that too when I was present at the venue. I very well know that you are more than enough to handle such miscreants but the fact that I was there and didn't even get a whiff about it disturbs me. What if he would have done something? Humey pata bhi nahi chalta. Do you even realize?" Annika was stumped hearing this from Shivaay and realized that she never thought from this angle.