||20. Your Silence Hurts ||

Annika observed Shivaay minutely as he sat on his chair.

"Have a seat, Mrs.Annika" He said in a clipped tone and Annika could make out how hard he was trying to be normal. So she quietly went and sat in front of him.

Indeed, Shivaay was trying hard. The incident with Annika had hit him hard and the fact that she didn't even feel the need to tell him was disturbing him. Why? Hadn't he asked her yesterday when she had called and also twice in the morning? Why didn't she care enough to share? And if Mr.Sharma wouldn't have come here, she wouldn't have told him only? So many questions were going on in his mind but this was an office place and Shivaay liked to keep his personal and professional life seperate. And so, he would have handle the matter professionally right now. The conversation personally would happen later.

"Have this water" He said a bit mellowed than the earlier tone as he forwarded the glass of water.

Annika slowly picked up the glass and drank from it.

Once she was done, he continued, "Mrs. Annika, we have a department where you can report such incidents. This clearly is a case of workplace harassment as the incident happened at our office, during our party and we, at Oberoi Industries have a zero tolerance policy for such behavior. The company sincerely apologizes for the way Mr.Sharma brought it out and behaved with you in front of your fellow workers and also for problem you have faced. We assure you that proper and legal action will be taken against the person who has tried to misbehave with you. We won't disclose this to everyone in the office and it will lead to more gossip that may put you in a bad light. The only person who will know apart from me, you and your colleagues will be Mishra, my personal secretary and the harassment department who will investigate the matter. We will update you as and when the matter progresses. Apart from this, anything else you want to ask?" Shivaay finished and looked at Annika.

Annika could see that he finally managed to perfectly portray his businessman face and he wouldn't talk the way she wanted to right now. He wants to keep things professional and so, she also shouldn't tick him off.

"Thank you very much sir for the assurance and I am also sorry that the deal between the company and Sharmas got cancelled because of me. I am really regretful and I hope that you can forgive me for it" She spoke truly and she really felt bad that the deal Shivaay had worked so hard for broke off.

"It is okay Mrs. Annika. That part, we can manage. You can go right now. If you want, you can continue your work or you can also take a leave. The decision is yours" He told.

"Thank you very much sir. But I will continue my work" She said and he nodded. She then got up and swiftly exited the cabin muttering a thank you.

As soon as she left, Shivaay removed his blazer and gulped down a whole glass of water. He took out a headache tablet and had it. The previous questions were still lingering but he chose to ignore them and focus on his work.

On the other hand, Annika was feeling really bad and guilty. She had prepared herself for an outburst from Shivaay but his actions in the cabin were in complete contrast to his personality.

"Annika, are you fine?" Kavya asked her with concern as soon as came back. Annika looked around and ensured that they were out of earshot.

"Yes Kavya, I anyway wasn't feeling bad on what I did to that cheapda. I am just feeling guilty that all of this had to come out in front of Shivaay sir in such a way. He also lost the deal because of me"

"Annika, are you crazy? That man was misbehaved with you and you are worried about the deal! I am sure that Shivaay sir would have also told you that this incident is more important than the deal. And Shivaay Singh Oberoi ne woh deal agar todi hai then it is definitely Mr. Sharma's loss" Kavya assured her.