|| 52. Journey Completed||

Annika tiredly entered the house and threw her bag and shoes haphazardly around the house. She laid her head back and untied her hair. She closed her eyes as his smiling face came in front, unknowingly making her smile too. At that, she immediately flashed her eyes open. Her gaze went on the gift she had given Shivaay and had a very personal touch to it.

She recollected how almost a month back, she had brought home a canvas and some paints and had suggested doing this with Shivaay

She recollected how almost a month back, she had brought home a canvas and some paints and had suggested doing this with Shivaay. He had complained about painting his whole hand and said that it was too tacky. But she had made her famous puppy eyes and he had relented. Once they had imprinted her handprints, she had very artistically written their names along with the word forever and the infinity sign. Looking at her artwork, she had felt so proud and had jumped around in mirth. He had then come to her and picked her up in her arms and twirling her around.

Getting up and going to it, she caressed it lovingly.

"I miss you Shivaay"

Her eyes moistened though a smile still lingered.

Just then, the phone rang and she picked it up.

"Anu beta, kaisi hai tu? You alright na?" Pinky asked concernedly from the other side.

"Yes ma. But just reached home and ordered pizza and milkshake on the way"

"Pizza? Yaha hoti toh mere haath ka matar paneer, laccha paratha and gajar halwa khilati na" She complained.

"I miss it but you know, I am more comfortable here ma"

"Ha hai jaanti hu. Shivaay isn't there, so staying in that house makes you feel more close to him"

"Jaanti hai toh why are you asking ma?"

"Chod yeh sab. You call me back tomorrow morning, okay" Pinky said defeatedly as Annika's face sported a smile knowing her mother-in-law's drama.

"I promise ma"

•••

"Hi, is Anni free?" He asked as he stood at the reception of Annika's company.

"Good evening sir. Actually, ma'am is in meeting with Mr. Amar Raheja for his 25th anniversary party" The receptionist, who was fairly new answered not knowing who the person in front was.

"Oh okay, can I wait in the lounge room then?" He politely asked, making Sneha, Annika's assistant's eyes go wide. She was watching the whole scene unfold and was surprised as to why hadn't the man revealed his identity.

When the receptionist nodded, he went ahead and while crossing Sneha whispered, "It is fun to goof around sometimes" Leaving the young woman open -mouthed.