|| 14. Lesson Begins ||

The next day, Annika was ready at sharp 10 after having finished her chores. Shivaay too was ready but received an urgent call and he asked her to wait.

He came back after a few minutes.

"Come, lets go" He said while still looking at his phone.

"Yeah, we have gotten late already" Hearing her, he looked up and saw her in a plain white kurti with simple pink leggins. She was just wearing her mangalsutra as an adornment along with her jhumkas. All in all, she looked really ethereal. Shivaay thought that how could someone look so mesmerizing in such simple clothes.

"Billuji, ab aap aur late kar rahe hai" She snapped her fingers in front of him to gain his attention.

"Hmm" He cleared his throat.

"Where were you lost? Aren't you getting late?"

"Yes, I am. I didn't want to keep you waiting. Come let's go"

As he entered the lift, he wondered why he just couldn't tell Annika that she was dressed too informally for office. He shrugged his thoughts and pacified himself by saying that she won't actually be working for him and was just coming to observe and learn things.

He sat in the car while she settled on the passenger seat. He started the car and after going a distance they stopped at a signal. That is when he turned towards her and saw her fidgeting with her fingers, an obvious sign of her nervousness.

"I have talked to bade papa and no one would know of our relationship. In fact, he has personally talked to Mr.Ahluwalia. If you need anything, call him on his phone or you can also contact me" He said and saw her relax a bit.

"Don't take me all the way to your office. People might start talking. Drop me some time before and I will come walking" She said nervously as if being careful of not making him angry.

"Yeah, actually even I was thinking of that" She was visibly surprised to see him agree with her so easily.

They soon reached Oberoi industries headquarters and Shivaay stopped the car a little further away from the building. Annika unbuckled her seatbelt and was about to go out but stopped when he called out to her.

"All the best Annika. I have a busy day and it is highly possible that we won't be able to meet until tonight. So, here's wishing you in advance" He spoke with a faint smile and forwarded his hand.

Annika was yet again taken aback but nonetheless looking at him shook his hand.

"Thank you" She also reciprocated his smile as she didn't understand what else to say.

"I think you are getting late Annika" She heard him and absentmindedly nodded her head since she was too engrossed in the butterflies that were erupting in her stomach due to to the touch.

"Then you need to let go of my hand. I can't come with you" He said a bit teasingly and that is when her gaze went towards their entwined hands. She quickly let go and coughed fakely to cover up her awkwardness.

"I should get going. I can't be late" She said hurriedly and left the car. Shivaay saw her walking in a fast pace towards the office and couldn't help control a chuckle.

"And she says we need to reduce the awkwardness"

"Wait, what is happening to me?" He reflected seeing the change in his behavior. "I never bothered about anyone like this, let alone a girl. Gather your thoughts Shivaay"