|| 8. Quirky Idea ||

The next morning at breakfast, Annika was given the surprise Shivaay had already informed about. The whole family looked quite excited and became even happier when Annika accepted it.

"But dadi, I need to speak to Sahil also. He is the one who has to go to the school and he opinion matters the most" Annika said and dadi nodded.

"I agree with you puttar and don't take any tension. Whatever your decision is, we will accept" The older lady said and caressed her hair.

"Thank you dadi. Thank you so much for understanding"

Just then, Annika's phone rang.

"It is from Sahil's school. Something must have happened. I will just take this" Annika said and excused herself.

Once she left, Shivaay turned to his family and looked at them seriously.

"Okay, listen all of you. I have a humble request for you all. Please Annika ko aage se aise gifts mat dijiye. I know humare liye yeh aam baat hai, but for her, it is a very big thing. So don't try to gift her something this big. She doesn't like it as it hurts her self-respect" He explained this to them in a calm voice.

"But Shivaay" Pinky tried to protest.

"No buts and if. It is decided. Annika ne humari help ki hai and we are eternally grateful to her, I understand, but that doesn't mean that we keep showering her with expensive gifts. You know that she doesn't like such extravagant things. Agar ussey khush karna hai and you want to show how grateful you are to her, try doing little things na. Those will go a long way rather than this"

Everyone had to agree with what Shivaay had said.

"Fine, but ye wala toh she will accept na. It is for Sahil's bright future" Dadi asked him and he solemnly nodded his head.

"Yes, she will. And don't think I am angry or upset with you all. Meine hi toh uski admission ke liye baat ki thi na principal se, so why would I scold you. I just informed so that in future, we don't hurt her" He said and all nodded.

"Woh, he will reach Mumbai by 12 pm and I will collect him from his school" Annika entered saying this.

"Good. Then I will have to send Khanna only. I have a meeting at that time, is that okay?" Shivaay asked her and she nodded.

"You are bringing him here only na, puttar?" Dadi asked Annika.

"Yes dadi. Billuji asked me yesterday to bring Sahil back to Oberoi mansion only. And I need to talk to him as well. I mean, meine ussey bata diya tha about the marriage and the circumstances surrounding it but it is as important to talk to him and make him understand. Waise toh woh mature hai, lekin aakhir, hai toh ek baccha na"

"Sahi kaha beta. Bring him here and we all will talk to him. He will be really comfortable here and you can also talk to him about the school" Pinky suggested and Annika gave her a light smile.

"Okay then. Annika, I will inform Khanna. He will be here on time. Bye everyone, have a nice day" And Shivaay left the house.

As told by Shivaay, Khanna arrived at the mansion at 11:30 to pick Annika up. He took her and they returned roughly an hour later with Sahil. The little guy was overjoyed on coming back to people who exuded such warmth to him and his sister.

He had lunch with them happily and Annika was beyond relieved to see Sahil so comfortable. She had to agree that somewhere in her mind, she was worried that Sahil might have some reservations about her marriage and the whole family but the way he was assured her that he and the family could gel well.