Chapter 7

Lauren

The whole ride was quiet. He was looking at his phone and I ignored him. When we finally reached the building, he got down the car. And I followed him quietly to the elevator.

When we entered the elevator, I cleared my throat to get his attention but he just ignored me. I tried once more and he ignored me again. When the elevator dinged, I scoffed at him but followed him.

He opened the door and we stepped in; my eyes widened at the house. It looked beautiful. The grandpa's mansion is rich and luxurious, but the penthouse is something else. It looked homely. I got star-struck when I saw the view through the big glass door.

If I had enough money, I would have thrown him out and bought this house.

It is that beautiful.

I stood near the glass door enjoying the view until I heard his voice.

"Do you want me to throw you out of that door?" I turned towards him and gave him a tightlipped smile.

"Haha very funny." I walked in more.

"I wasn't joking." He gave me a smirk.

Wow, at least he is back from that grumpy cold man to his annoying self.

"This is your room." He spoke pointing towards a room.

"And this one is mine." He spoke pointing to another room in front of mine. "To which you don't have any permission to enter." He finished and I scoffed internally.

Yeah. Like I'm dying to enter his room.

I rolled my eyes when he finally left after showing the rooms.

I walked into my room and couldn't help myself but admire the beauty.

When I saw the soft bed inviting me for a nap, I gave in and quickly closed my eyes to sleep.

After quite some time, I woke up from my nap.

Why am I always sleeping or eating some food?

I must be a panda.

I facepalmed myself and got down from the soft bed.

I opened the door and walked out. I made my way towards the kitchen and saw a woman.

I quickly hid behind a wall and contemplated my thoughts.

Is she a thief?

I don't think so, she is too confident to be a thief.

She must be some cook or something.

I cleared my throat and she turned toward me.

"Mrs. Kingston. You are awake. I'm Kate." I looked back to check if she is talking to me or someone else.

Mrs. Kingston. who is she?

You. Dumb head. That is you. You're married. Remember?

I smiled at her and nodded.

"Hi, Kate. Just call me Lauren." She smiled at me and nodded.

She looked like she is in her early forties or something.

"What do you want to eat dear?"

So, she is indeed a cook.

"Anything, you can make." She gave me a warm smile and started taking out ingredients.

I sat in front of her and looked at her.

"How long have you been working here, Kate?" I tried starting a conversation.