chapter 28

Lauren

I stared at the three men sitting on the couch in front of me.

Chris looked a bit guilty, Ryan looked like he has no idea what he is doing here, whereas Ethan just had a bored expression.

"Drink this. It will help your hangover." I spoke pointing to the three drinks on the table in front of me.

Ryan was the first to lean forward and take the drink, whereas Chris followed him.

"Do you know how wasted you three were last night?" I spoke making sure to glare at them equally.

I can't believe they passed out when I reached the bar last night.

"You brought us here last night?" Ryan asked sipping his drink.

"No, it was Batman. He has been doing charity lately." Ryan rolled his eyes at my sly remark.

I'm sorry. I do know that I have very bad timing at being sarcastic.

"Ha. Very funny." Ryan scowled at me.

"What happened last night?" Chris spoke for the first time.

"When I arrived last night, you were sleeping on the counter completely passed out." I pointed to Chris.

"And you were busy counting the number of invisible bricks in the bar walls," I spoke to Ethan trying to hide my smile.

"What about me? Did I do something?" Ryan raised his eyebrow at me.

"Ah, you did. In fact, you spoke something interesting last night." I wriggled my eyebrows at him.

"Did I?" His eyes widened at my nod.

"You spoke about an attorney or something like she rejecting you." At my answer, he tightly shut his eyes clearly embarrassed.

"Attorney?" Chris spoke.

"Someone rejected him?" Ethan snickered and Ryan glared at him.

"Ok. I got it. Don't say anything more," Ryan stressed.

"Wait. You are dating someone? Who is she? What is her name?" Leaning forward to look at Ryan, Chris beamed.

"That's not important right now." Ethan interrupted Chris.

"Did she really reject you?" Ethan teased turned towards Ryan.

When Ryan turned red, Ethan laughed out loud when he couldn't control his smile and soon Chris joined him.

"Oh, just shut up idiots." Ryan scoffed and they completely ignored him.

I zoned out staring at the three men sitting in front of me who were busy throwing shade at each other.

Looking at the way Ethan and Chris laugh freely without any care for the world, made me happy.

They were absurd last night.

I can't believe they got completely wasted last night. The situation would have been horrendous if the media got hold of them last night.

I had to call Ryan's bodyguard, SpongeBob or Bob, to help me for bringing them home.

Last night, I saw a different angle of each of them.

The always playful Ryan, seemed kind of sad when he blabbered about the attorney rejecting him.

The same goes for Chris.

Although, I don't know Chris as much as I know Ryan and Ethan. From what little I know of him,