Chapter 11

Lauren

20 minutes...

It's been 20 minutes since I've been sitting on this couch, waiting for Ethan to finish his meeting.

When I heard the door click, I looked up to see Ethan coming out of the office along with Mr. Nick.

When he is finally out, he looked around and stopped looking when his eyes landed on me.

Standing up from my seat, I made my way towards him.

I adjusted the bag on my shoulder and looked down for a second when I suddenly crashed into someone from the side dropping their phone.

I immediately picked up the phone from the ground and looked up to see a tall man who looked like he is in his late twenties.

He has beautiful hazel eyes that can trap any woman in them and a sharp jaw with perfect sharp facial features.

He could easily win the 'most handsome man' contest.

Only if Ethan isn't competing in that competition.

He harshly took the phone from my hand bringing me out of my thoughts.

Why are handsome men always rude?

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you coming." I still apologized ignoring his rude behaviour and he gave me a stern nod.

He was about to say something but stopped when Ethan made his presence known.

I turned towards him and he was practically glaring at the man in front of me.

I frowned when I saw the man had the exact expression as Ethan.

Even he is glaring at Ethan.

Do they both know each other?

"I always knew you lack manners when it comes to dealing with people and today, I've seen it." Ethan came and stood in front of him.

"Well, I'm sure you are especially not the one to talk about anything related to manners." the stranger retorted.

Yeah.

I've started calling him a stranger.

"And by the way, Are you the unlucky woman who married him?" turning towards me, the stranger asked.

Nodding my head, I was about to answer, but Ethan beat me.

"I don't understand how it is your business who I marry. Well, what could I expect anything from a person who is all alone and doesn't have anyone to rely on." Ethan smirked when the stranger clenched his jaw hard.

What the hell is happening over here?

The stranger put his right hand in his pocket and stood straight with a smirk.

"Oh, yeah. how is your mother, Ethan? how long it has been since you've talked to her."

Oh no.

Wait-

He didn't just say that.

Why are they roasting each other with words?

I turned towards Ethan to see him ready to smash the stranger's head to a wall.

They are practically murdering each other with their eyes.

I should do something before this escalates any further.

I cleared my throat to get their attention.