Chapter 14

Ethan

I spotted Ryan standing and talking to some woman.

"Did you see her again?" I asked him and he looked at me madly.

"How would I know? I'm not your wife's babysitter." he whisper-yelled at me and he sipped his drink.

I glared at him but turned my head when I saw Ryan's bodyguard rushing toward us.

What's his name again?

Bob?

SpongeBob.

Whatever!

"Sir Mrs Kingston is inside," he said and we three rushed inside.

Just as we entered, We heard a glass clinking sound and everybody turned their attention toward it.

We turned to see it was Lauren who gathered the crowd.

God. 

No.

"Hello everyone. Wait I've to be professional, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Lauren. Lauren Kingston. Have anyone of you met my husband, Ethan?" she asked the guests and looked around and continued. "He is, as many of you know, the coldest person in this world. Not because he is some ghost or something." She giggled at her own joke but everybody just stared at her.

"Wait let me tell you another joke. Does anyone know why pirates can't finish alphabets?" she looked around and continued.

"Because they are lost in the C. Yeah, I surfed the whole internet for that joke." she laughed and when no one even batted an eye she dropped her laugh looking annoyed with everyone.

"I know that was a very bad joke. But does anyone know how Ethan and I got married? Why did we marry? We married because..."

No no Lauren, don't do it.

I looked around and everyone's attention was on her and everyone was awaiting her answer.

"Because we love each other and he is the sweetest person to me." she said and everyone visibly seemed disappointed that they didn't get any interesting gossip.

Why is everyone so interested in others' life.

She was about to open her mouth again, but I quickly bolted toward her to stop her from speaking any further.

I placed my hand on her waist and pulled her towards me and turned towards everyone.

"That was a very good speech Lauren, but we have to leave." I said and surprisingly she agreed giving me a big smile.

I looked around to see all were staring at us.

I cleared my throat and gripped her hand tight and walked out careful enough to not let her stumble in her steps.

***

"I'm bored." She said leaning her head on the window.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked her already exhausted from today's events.

She placed her index finger on her chin and looked up making a thinking face.

"How about a game?" she asked excitedly.

I turned towards her and my eyes danced with amusement looking at her excitement.

She looked like a child who just got her favourite candy.

"No." I reckoned but she just ignored me.

"I take it as a yes." She said excited and turned front.

"So, I will ask you questions and you just have to answer them. fine?" she asked.