Chapter 15

Lauren

I winced and rubbed my eyes when I felt a slight burn on my face. I opened my eyes to see it is the sun directly hitting me on my face. I got up and sat on the bed. My hands instantly shot up to hold my head when I felt a sharp  pain in my head.

I groaned holding my head and looked around. My eyes visibly widened when I realized that I'm not in my room.

The sunlight in the room allowed me to see the grey curtains and dark shaded colour bed I'm in.

Where am I?

Why is my head aching?

I looked around still holding my head and suddenly realized that I'm in Ethan's room.

Ethan.

He wouldn't mind sending me to hell if he gets hang of it.

I jumped up when I suddenly heard a phone ring. I looked around and saw my purse laying on the bedside table.

I took that purse and fished my phone out.

My eyes instantly widened when I saw a bunch of calls from Alice. I instantly answered it, when my phone rang again.

"Seriously? Did you die?" her mad voice filled my ears.

Will she ever stop saying 'Seriously'?

I don't think so.

"What?" I asked her confused.

"I've called you like a thousand times. Did you just wake up?" she asked me, and I nodded. When I realized that she couldn't see me I muttered a 'yes'.

"Go and check your social media once. You are everywhere on the internet." She said and to say that I'm shocked would be an understatement.

"Why?" I asked dreading the worst.

What did I do last night?

"I can't explain it, Lauren. But I've to admit you were funny as hell last night. I'm proud of your dad jokes." She said in a playful tone before hanging up.

I looked down and tried to remember last night.

I bit my lips when pieces and bits of last night were coming together.

I opened my social media and I blinked when I saw a video of mine posted. I clicked on it.

"Hello everyone. Wait I've to be professional, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Lauren. Lauren Kingston. Have anyone of you met my husband, Ethan? He is, as many of you know, the coldest person in this world. Not because he is some ghost or something."

Why am I giggling like a teenager in this video?

"Wait let me tell you another joke."

Lauren, don't open your mouth!

"Does anyone know why pirates can't finish alphabets?"

But that joke is funny...

Why is my humour so broken?

"Because they are lost in the C. Yeah, I got that from the internet."

Did I really have to say that?

"I know that was a very bad joke. But does anyone know how Ethan and I got married? Why did we marry? We married because..."

I took a sharp breath when I heard my next words. Did I reveal anything last night?

"Because we love each other and he is the sweetest person to me.