Chapter 21

Ethan

Three days...

Three days have passed since I last saw Mrs Kingston at my home.

My head throbbed with pain and my heart felt heavy for some reason.

I couldn't comfort myself since that night when I met Mrs Kingston.

It has been three days, but her hurt face is still imprinted in my mind.

Whenever I see her, my anger towards her and love for her always have an inner battle within me.

In the end, I spit venomous words in my anger which I would never actually mean.

Placing my elbows on the desk, I tried to distract myself.

"Lauren, bring me my coffee," I spoke to Lauren through the intercom.

Looking down at the documents that needed my signature, I sighed rubbing my forehead.

Moments later, Lauren entered the office after knocking on my door.

"I wonder if you have coffee running through your veins rather than blood." She said placing my coffee on the desk.

She's right though. This is like my third coffee and it's not even high noon yet.

"Thanks for the coffee," I looked up and my heart calmed a bit looking at her face.

She has one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen.

I can't believe how naïve I was to hate her before without trying to know her at all.

Her personality changed my perspective toward her.

She unknowingly proved that beauty is just an addition to a great personality to look beautiful.

"You are welcome, Mr. Kingston." She said giving me a small smile.

Did I mention how wholesome her smile always is?

It can light up anything. Even my mood.

I cleared my throat getting out of her trance before opening my mouth.

"We have to go to Milan for a business trip. so be ready." Lauren's eyes widened listening to me and she quickly sped up towards me standing beside me.

"What?" I frowned at her.

"Milan as in Italy?" she asked me her voice dripping with excitement.

"No. Milan as in Asia." I said sarcastically and when she glared at me, I muttered a 'yes'.

"I can't believe we are going to Milan!" she squealed jumping in her place excitedly.

"When are we going?" she asked, and I stood up to answer her.

"Tomorrow and we'll stay for 2 days there," I spoke and her lips couldn't extend anymore to smile.

"I'm so excited!" she spoke pacing around.

She started blabbering about visiting many places, doing some shopping and enjoying the food. Her train of Milan thoughts broke when she sprained her leg in her heels while pacing around.

In an instant, I moved towards her worried and to hold her.

I watched her leg and removed her heel to watch it carefully.

"I told you to watch where you are going. and moreover, you are going to Milan for business. We'll return as soon as we finish our business." I scolded her for being careless.

"I have a sprained leg and you are lecturing me? I think I broke my leg." She said exaggerating her pain and anyone could say she is just being dramatic.