Chapter 43

Ethan

Lately, everyday feels like sunday. Peaceful, relaxing, and just lovely.

"Thank you, Kate." I spoke to Kate when she placed my breakfast plate in front of me. I offered her a small smile, to which she did the same.

I took a bite of the scrambled eggs before rounding my eyes around to search for my daily dose of happiness.

My eyes stopped on the couch where Lauren is scratching Milo's head while the latter is cuddling his head on her lap.

It's been a week since Milo has come to our home and huge changes were made to our daily routines. Our day starts with me trying a thousand ways to wake Lauren up for Milo's walk in the park. If I don't wake her up even once for Milo's walk in the morning she will glare at me the whole day. Then while we both are at office, Kate and other house helpers takes care of Milo. And then at the evening, we play with Milo some more and later he sleeps in his bed in my room, and finally then I can have Lauren all to myself to cuddle and do other things on bed.

Milo is two months old and can already follow the basic orders. Lauren even trained him to give his paw for handshake. He listens for the most part like a good boy but will show his devil side chewing his toys, carpets, even Lauren's shoes one time. And he wouldn't think twice before biting your fingers playfully if his dinner is even a minute late.

I even had second thoughts on bringing Milo home at the way he snatched Lauren's attention completely. She spends every second with him and when she finally remembers me, Milo gives her puppy eyes with a soft whine and she goes back to him just like that.

But all my complaints vanishes when I see her happy with him. It's like she finally found something she has been longing for a long time. And I'm happy if she is happy.

"Milo, come here." I called the little devil to get Lauren's attention and that did the trick.

Milo jumped excitedly from the couch and sat in front of me on the floor with a wagging tail. I lifted him in my arms and stood up from my chair.

"Are you hungry, my boy?" I asked him and he licked my face and I had to lean my face back.

"Okay. I got you." I chuckled at him and took him to his bowl and placed his food in his bowl and he excitedly ate as if he hasn't been fed in seven years.

My phone rang in the inner pocket of my suit and I took it from there while sitting beside Lauren who started eating her breakfast chatting with Kate speaking about how good the food is.

"Yes." I answered the phone when I saw it is Chris.

"Where are you?" He asked straight with no hello or hi like a normal person. And then again we are talking about Chris here, nothing is normal about him.

"At home. Why?" I asked taking another bite of my food while Lauren and Kate laughed with hushed voices to not disturb me.

"Go to any news page or social media." He spoke and I frowned at his serious tone. Chris is always serious but his tone right now is not his usual stern voice.

"What happened?" My voice was low at the unexpected event in my routine. I don't like when things don't go as planned or when something else happens unexpectantly.

"You will know when you see and Ethan, think before you do anything." He spoke before hanging up and my frown deepened.

I immediately went to the news and the headlines on the article froze me for a moment.

Its about Eva and Ryan.

My jaw clenched and my eyes slowly got blinded with rage as I read the article further. The article spoke as if Eva was a gold digger and charmed Ryan making him fall for her. They called her a dirty affair for God damn sake.