Chapter 19

Ethan

What did I just do?

My heart is still beating wildly remembering the kiss from before.

I don't even know if I can call it a kiss.

My initial intention was to kiss her lips, but I changed my mind at the last moment when I realized what I was doing.

And when my lips touched her soft rosy cheek, this new strange feeling confused me even more.

And the fact that it alone made me feel butterflies, makes me scoff at myself.

What is happening to me?

I pulled my hair screaming internally trying to make sense of these new feelings.

***

It was the next morning and she decided that we aren't going to the office today too.

I'm sure she is enjoying taking rest all day using my health as an excuse.

I can't believe how lazy she is sometimes.

And not to mention her weird jokes, which can ruin anyone's day.

Although she is lazy and all, she is also kind, compassionate and beautiful. She is a complete package with balanced positive and negative traits.

I walked out and saw Lauren in the living room sitting on the couch.

She turned towards me and her face turned into a red shade when her eyes landed on me.

I mentally smirked to myself looking at her reaction which I guess was because of last night's kiss.

I was about to open my mouth to start a conversation when the doorbell rang.

"I'll take it." She said getting up and walking to the door.

Not a minute later she walked back followed by the second most annoying person in the world.

Naturally, the 'first' is Lauren.

I think they both try their best to be the 'first'.

"You didn't die yet?" he asked once his eyes landed on me.

"Sadly, no," Lauren answered Ryan with a tsk.

"Wow..." I trailed off ignoring both of them.

"How did you know about my flu anyway?" I asked Ryan.

"I informed him." Lauren spoke.

"Jokes aside, how are you feeling now?" he asked me seriously, sitting on the couch in front of me.

"Good," I answered him shortly.

"Why did you fall sick all of sudden?" he asked me and Lauren was so ready to answer that question but I beat her.

It's just regular flu. Maybe." I answered him.

"Why am I even asking you. What happened?" he said before turning towards Lauren.

"Apparently, Mr Ethan Kingston overworked himself and was severely dehydrated." Lauren chimed in.

Ryan turned towards me with an 'of course' face.

"Before you start, I realized my mistake and I'll take care of my health from now. So don't start now." I'm not ready to listen to another lecture right now. I've had enough for a lifetime from Lauren.

"Look how smart my boy is," he said to Lauren looking proud.

"And you are proud because?" Lauren asked Ryan.