EPILOGUE

5 years later

Ethan's POV

"Happy birthday, princess," I spoke lifting the little girl I love with all my heart in my arms.

Nina, my daughter, giggled softly having the same smile as Lauren. She is a replica of Lauren except for the blue eyes she got from me. Lauren and my daughter have always smiling faces, and I'm glad my daughter looks like my wife. 

"Thank you, daddy." Nina giggled throwing her arms around my neck hugging me tightly before moving back and giving me a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Wow...It's my princess' birthday..." I spoke in a sing-song voice and my daughter chuckled tipping her head back and that was all I wanted to make even my worst day the best.

"Daddy, can I dress up like a princess today?" Nina asked me excitedly and I smiled at her nodding my head mirroring her excitement.

"Sure, sweetheart."

"Yay!" she hugged me again and I laughed at her excitement.

"But first-" I started but was cut off by the little talker.

"Daddy, can we also wear the twinning dresses we bought last month? Even Milo wanted to wear that dress. He said to me last night." she spoke pointing towards our golden retriever who found the plants outside more interesting than our conversation.

"Did he really say that?" I narrowed my eyes at her and she gave me a cheeky smile.

she thought for a moment maybe contemplating whether to continue her lie or not.

"No. he didn't exactly say that but he liked that dress, Daddy," Nina spoke shrugging her shoulder and I squinted my eyes at her before shaking my head at her adorable actions.

"Sure, princess. Whatever you want."

"Also Daddy, can we watch the new Disney movie together? April told me that there was a scary shark in the movie that ate every human it saw. Can we watch it? Also, Daddy, can we bake a chocolate cake today, We can also bake brownies and some pies-" Nina went off saying everything and anything that gets in her brain just like Lauren. It's like her thoughts and chats don't have a full stop except when she sleeps. 

"Absolutely not."

 I heard the voice that has been the fuel for my heart to function properly and the essence of my soul for the past few years. To be honest, I wouldn't want it the other way. The love of my life and the one person who can anger me in a second but also can calm me down walked towards us. 

Lauren...

Lauren is like my medicine. Its taste is harsh sometimes but heals. She is the epitome of sunshine, her brightness can be overwhelming sometimes, but without her, it's only darkness. And darkness is no friend of mine. Never before and not now too. 

"But mommy, it's my birthday." Nina gave me her signature puppy eye looks which she always uses on me whenever she wants something while Lauren stood completely unfazed at her daughter's puppy eyes. 

Wow, how can she stand against that puppy-eye charm while I fail all the time. Maybe I need a tutorial on that.

"Still, you can't have too much sweet baby. Your dentist said no to sweets, remember?" Nina sighed resting her head on my shoulder with a sight at Lauren's words.

"But mom-" Nina was about to say something but Lauren stopped her.

"No." 

"Daddy..." My daughter complained looking at me.