Chapter 27

I think the chapter is very long...I'm sorry.

Ethan's POV

"Ta-da" hearing Lauren's voice, I turned around from the window to look at her.

She stood in front of me wearing a bright smile with a steaming coffee in her hand.

Unbuttoning my suit jacket, I sat at the desk and she placed the cup in front of me.

"Here is your coffee." She sang in her happy voice.

"Why are you so cheery today?" I spoke sipping the coffee.

"Can't I be happy?" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Ah, wait. I think I know the reason." I leaned forward placing the coffee cup on the desk.

"Is it? what did your little brain come up with." She smirked folding her hands.

"I at least have a brain, unlike someone," I smirked back at her and she returned a scoff.

"I think the reason you are happy is because of a kiss from certain someone," I spoke. At the mention of the kiss, Lauren turned red.

"Oh, let me add. Some handsome man." I added.

"You're delusional." She glared at me with a playful glint in her eyes.

"I know I'm right." I smiled at her and she smiled back at me for a tiny moment before changing the topic.

"How is it?" she asked.

"The kiss? It's so tasty like strawberries and also soft-" Although it's true, I started exaggerating my answer just to annoy her and embarrass her a bit.

"No." she whisper-yelled and I inwardly smiled at her reaction.

"What?" I feigned a frown and blinked my eyes innocently.

"The coffee. Is it good?"

I knitted my eyebrows at her unusual question.

She has been making me coffee since she joined here but never asked me that. not even for once. it's like she is too confident in her coffee. Well, her coffee stands out from her other horrible dishes. So, we can say she makes good coffee.

"Why the sudden question?"

When she glared at my question, I answered her.

"It's good. Not the best though." I shrugged sipping my drink.

"Ha, I knew. She was just ruffling me." I heard Lauren's voice whispering to herself.

"What?" I asked wondering who the 'she' I heard of, is.

"Nothing." She quickly waved the topic away.

"I arranged your meeting with Mr Hudson today." She spoke.

The meeting. I didn't know when it slipped away from my mind.

I think it's because of the woman standing in front of me.

When I returned home last night and saw her crying, I didn't know what to do exactly.

I didn't even know how to console her when she said she doesn't deserve good things. If anyone deserves any good, then it has to be her. I would do anything to give whatever my Lauren wants.

My Lauren?

Wait, did I say that?

I winced listening to how cringey it sounded.

Is it because of the rom coms I lately started watching with her? I completely blame her for that cringe.

Moreover. She isn't a possession. Even If I want to, I can't claim her mine.