Chapter 31

Writer's POV

Ethan opened his eyes and tried stretching his arms but a weight on his shoulder held him back.

Turning towards his side he watched Lauren sleeping peacefully on his arm. They were sleeping on the small couch in the living room.

Last night after talking, they were tired and didn't know when they slipped to sleep.

He carefully faced her not to disturb her sleep but to get a better view of her beautiful face.

She is stunning even when she is doing nothing. Her even more beautiful heart wins over her beautiful face.

She is like the warm sunshine. When you've been in dark for so long and step in sun out of blue, the bright light kind of irritates you. 

Maybe that's why I hated her at the beginning, she was full of light and life completely in contrast to my life. He thought.

Telling her about everything which he had never done before, calmed his heart.

It felt like a huge invisible burden he'd been carrying for a long time is taken.

He smiled when she groaned and shifted closer towards his chest wrapping her arm around his waist.

Tucking her strand of hair behind her ear, Ethan traced his finger down to her jaw.

She moaned slightly and Ethan chuckled when she smiled in her sleep.

"Good morning" he whispered facing her and she just groaned going back to sleep.

Not moments later, she went back to sleep again.

How could someone sleep so quick?

Shaking his head, Ethan tried not to wake her up while getting up but she woke up.

She slightly opened her eyes and looked around confused.

"Good morning." Ethan greeted her again and this time she returned the greeting.

"Morning." she gave him a smile staring at Ethan for a good minute before her eyes widened.

She jolted up and sat on the couch in a quick motion. As Ethan was lying on the edge, he didn't have any time to react and lost his balance, ending up falling on the ground from the couch.

He groaned and Lauren quickly got down from the couch concerned.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry, Ethan." she quickly apologised looking at his body for any visible injuries.

"I think I broke my back." Ethan groaned and Lauren's eyes couldn't widen anymore.

"What? Oh my god." Lauren helped him sit up and Ethan tried hiding his smile.

"My leg hurts.... Ow, what is this? I think I broke my arm too." Ethan feigned pain and Lauren felt horrible and was almost ready to spill waterworks from her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Ethan. I'm sorry."

She apologized a few times more but stopped when Ethan smiled at her creepily.

"You are good?" Lauren asked him suspiciously.

"I fell from a couch, Lauren. not from a building." Ethan answered her and Lauren smacked his arm hard.

"Ow."

"I was worried sick." Lauren glared at him.

Ethan continued snickering recalling her priceless expressions before. When he observed Lauren's frown, his laugh slowly died.