Three

Kalanie

"Mama, you so pretty." Joy smiled at her mom in the mirror. "Thank you baby." She smiled hugging her daughter.

"Wow , you ain't gon say I'm pretty?" She joked. "You are pretty." Kalanie smiled. "Ion even look like you tho." She mumbled.

"Yeah , I know. You look just like ya daddy." Kalanie explained. "Ion see it." She crossed her arms. "it's there." She turned off the bathroom light.

"Happy birthday baby." She hugged joy. Joy smiled. "What we gon get daddy?" She asked.

"I got his gifts. There in my closet." Kalanie explained. "Ok." She mumbled as Amir walked in.

"Happy birthday, baby girl." Amir kissed her forehead.

"Preciate it." She smiled. Her phone began ringing and she headed out to answer it.

"Happy birthday." Kalanie smiled hugging amir. "Preciate it, beautiful." He kissed her lips.

The doorbell rang and the two headed downstairs. Kalanie opened the door revealing Alaina and Aron.

"Heyy." Kalanie smiled. "Hey kalanie." Aron waved.

"Ma....can I go to the Y today?" Khloe asked.

"Uh..yeah." Kalanie shrugged. "But I'm picking you up at 6 cuz we're doing something for your birthday." Kalanie explained.

"Ok." Joy nodded her head.

JOY (idrk if this is gonna be her official fc but for now it is)

I sat down waiting for Madison to finish flirting with these niggas so we can play.

She real pretty. I think she only comes to flirt, cuz it's always hella niggas here. But I actually wanna play and sometimes she plays with me.

I see a fine boy every once and a while but ion say nothing to em. I might stare a lil bit , if they real fine.

Just then the same dude from last week walked in.

I'm not gonna holler at him or nothing cuz my daddy is crazy...and I'm shy.

But oh lawd.

He is beautiful. Gorgeous. That man is outstanding.

And today he was wearing a wife beater and black sweatpants with some Nike air max. His tattoos were on full display and he was a little muscular.

But forget that , I wanna play.

Just as I looked up at him he was looking at me so I quickly directed my eyes towards Madison who was laughing at My friend Jay.

I play basketball with him sometimes since he's here almost every day. He's pretty cool. Pretty chill over all.

But she need to back off cuz I put him on with my cousin and I will be telling her about this.

I stood up and walked over. "Madison..can we play now?" I questioned.

"Hold on...I don't even wanna play anymore ,jay." She shrugged. I hate when they call me Jay.

My friends do that cuz I'm not her feminine. They think I'm gay or a stud. I'm not tho and it pisses me off when they call me that.

"Jay , play with me." I turned to him. He stood up.

"Nah , he's busy. We're talking." She explained as she pulled him back down.

I smacked my lips. "Jay. Seriously?" I mugged.

"Aight look. AYE." he called causing almost all the boys on the sidelines to look over here.

"AUTUMN." he called. I watched as the same boy I thought was fine made his way over.

(No ,not autumn from kaia 😭iykyk. Listen y'all might think this book is similar to the other kaia which is unpublished now btw but the inspo for kaia came from here aight 😭 plz don't remind me that they're similar.)

"What's good." Jay dapped him up. "waddup." He spoke and his voice wasn't too deep. It was deep. But the perfect type of deep.

He sounded very mature. He had a mature voice and demeanor.

"You finna play?" He asked. "Jay stop. I'm good." I spoke knowing what he was about to do.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah."

"Aight play with her."

He looked at me and nodded. "Yeah. You can play with us." He shrugged. I stood up and now i was too nervous to play.

"What's ya name?" He questioned. "Joy."

We split up into teams and I was on Autumns team.

•••••••••••

"Aye , what's yo Instagram?" Autumn asked and I got so happy. "Lemme see-" he cut me off. "Wait how old you is." He questioned.

"16. You?" I questioned. "16...finna turn 17." He replied pulling out his phone.

I typed in my Instagram and followed myself before grabbing my phone and following him back.

Nah , I really just got this fine nigga Instagram.

Stop playing with me.

"When you coming back?" He asked. I shrugged. "Probably tomorrow if my mom can take me." I replied.

"If she can't lemme know. I'll pick you up." He shrugged. "Alright. Thanks." I tried not to smile too much as I grabbed my water bottle.