Seventeen

Joy

We sat down in the venue of the wedding and I spotted my favorite cousin , Noell.

I stood up when she seen me. We made our way over to each other and smiled.

"Waddup." She spoke. "Hey." I mumbled.

"Come on , sit by us." She waved me over. "Who is us?" I questioned. "Nyaisa and nem." She pointed referring to our other cousins.

"Oh aight....so you still talking to Jay?" I questioned as we began walking towards the table.

"Yes why?" She nodded and furrowed her eyebrows. "Girl...I gotta tell you sum.." I started as music played.

••••••••••

"Aron sit ya lil broke ass down." Nyaisa mumbled and me and Noell laughed.

Soon the laughter died down and I spoke.

"Where yo mama at?" I asked Noell. "Probably somewhere dancing with that baldhead dude." She replied.

At ever family function her mom was always dancing with this one in-law. He was bald but they were always dancing together.

"You right." I chuckled. "Is yo mama pregnant?" Nyaisa asked. "Yeah." I nodded.

"What she having?" Noell asked. "A girl." I explained. "Aye If she pregnant you know what that mean." Aron started.

"Nah , ion know what it mean." I shook my head. "It mean they been fuc-" I quickly cut him off.

"Ewww. Don't say that. I try not to think about that." I shook my head. "They having em back to back too." Luke added.

"Shut up." I replied. "Remember that time you told me about when you walked in on-" I cut Noell off by covering her mouth.

"No. Don't remind me."

Flashback

I continued to eat my cheese it's even though I wasn't sussposed to be eating upstairs.

I sat them down in my bed before standing up. I want a dog. I'm finna ask my daddy for one.

I walked to the door and without knocking I opened the door.

I gasped seeing my mom throw her head back as my dad did something to her.

I screamed as I shut the door. Then I ran from the door and to my room. I shut the door and cried.

I didn't even want the cheese it's anymore.

I screamed more as I cried into the pillow.

Soon my door opened and I didn't even look up to see who it was.

"Joy." I heard my dad's voice making me scream more. He touched me and I gagged as I rolled out of the bed and hit the floor.

Call me dramatic but this is traumatizing.

Present.

I stared ahead at auntie Ayana. "I'm glad she finally got away from her ugly ass baby daddy." Nyaisa started and we agreed.

Cameron was way too fucking old for her anyways. Yeah they were both grown but if you add shit up....he needs to be in jail.

And my auntie need a whooping. I think they had a rough childhood.

"Yeah." I nodded. "He looked better than the E.T looking nigga she calling her husband but hey....maybe he treat her better." Noell spoke.

"Noell...it's not about looks." I replied. "Would you marry that?" She pointed at him and i scrunched my face up.

"Hell naw." I shook my head and she laughed a little. "Ok then."

"Hey yall."

We all looked up and seen Cj, Kairo and April.

. "Hey." I smiled hugging them all except CJ bum ass. They all greeted them before they sat down filling up the table.

I consider them my cousins even though they're not really. Christian. He has all these kids and he still comes around.

I love Christian. Hes so funny, and full of life.

"Who brought y'all?" Nyaisa questioned. "Ayana daddy. She wanted us here." April explained.

I nodded looking over at Christian. He had on a black tuxedo and a cross chain and a watch. He had a high taper fade as usual and his brownskin was glistening.

"Why you staring joy?" He noticed and smirked a little. "I'm not." I looked away.

"Joy....you a hoeeeee. You said you had a boyfriend. Oh my g- I'm embarrassed to be related to you." Aron went on.

I rolled my eyes. "I never said that but I didn't even do nothing." I furrowed my eyebrows.