Twenty - 1

Joy

Flashback of the party

I walked inside of the party smelling weed and ass. I had no Intentions of getting high or even drinking.

Even though withdrawals was beating my ass.

Rake it up ended as I walked in. I love being at parties. They make me forget about all my troubles.

It was hot in here and they barely had dancing room but the house was two stories.

Love Sosa by chief keef was playing and they was going crazy.

"Jayyy."

I turned around and seen Mani and Veah. Cynthia had stricter parents so she was never at parties.

And I doubt she liked coming to parties.

"Bitchh, I thought you said you couldn't come." Veah started as we walked to the kitchen.

"I had to." I shook my head pushing past these niggas. "You look good." Mani smiled and Neveah agreed.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Oh yeah. Niggas definitely checking you out tonight instead of they girls." Veah went on and I rolled my eyes playfully.

They picked up red cups and I looked away knowing I wanted to get drunk. Some people were sharing a blunt and others were smoking hookah.

The hard drugs are usually upstairs or in the bathroom.

I just decided one drink wouldn't hurt. One turned into two. And then I smoked.

But I wasn't as high as I usually get.

Like I knew exactly what I was doing but I just felt calmer.

I looked around and locked eyes with someone familiar. I realized it was Keyon.

He told me to stay out of these damn parties so I began slowly making my way in between Mani and neveah thinking he wouldn't do anything if I was with them.

"Khloe. Didn't I tell yo ass- fuck is you doing here, yo?" He questioned grabbing my arm and they turned around.

"Unt unt. Let my friend go." Mani popped him several times along with Neveah and I laughed.

"Y'all it's fine. I know him." I laughed a little.

"Oh....then y'all have fun." Neveah smirked. "eww. Girl no." I shook my head as he pulled me away.

He dragged me upstairs and it was hard getting up there cuz people were sitting and standing on the stairs while talking.

When we reached the top he led me to a door. He opened the door and I realized it was a bathroom.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he shut the door.

"What the fuck did I tell you?" He crossed his arms as I leaned on the sink.

He was so tall. He had to be at least 6ft.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Oh youn remember me telling you to not bring yo ass to this party?" He asked.

"Ok and? I can't come but You here tho." I crossed my arms looking at him.

"Shawty i'm grown." He shrugged licking his lips. "You are 17 little boy. Pipe down." I mumbled.

"Ain't shit about me little." He replied and I blushed a little for some reason as I looked down.

"Nah but I would've thought you would've stayed yo lil ass in the house after I told you shit that went down at the last party you went to." He explained grabbing my arm tightly.

"I was boreddd. I went alone last time and now I have people with me. And I'm so.... basically sober so I'm paying attention." I explained.

"Yeah aight." He shook his head. "Imma take you home." He began to open the door and I stopped him.

"No , I don't wanna go home." I frowned. "How you get here?" He asked.

"Uber got me here and it's gon get me back, NOT YOU." I replied. "You just don't give a fuck bout life huh?" He questioned.

"I do..." I started. "Why you always at a damn party?" He questioned walking closer and I looked up at him.

We connected hands for a few seconds staring at each other before screaming and gunshots we're heard.

I quickly pulled away and he opened the door. People were running and the shots were still being fired.

But from downstairs.

He grabbed my arm and led me to a room.

He lifted the window and looked at me. "No. Ion wanna jump." I shook my head looking down.

It wasn't that far from the ground , it was just scary thinking about it.

"Come on , Khloe." He spoke. "Ian Gon let you get hurt." He responded.

I threw my heels down first before jumping and screaming. I landed on my back and whined in pain.

Soon he came down and landed on his hands and feet like he spider man or some shit.

"You good?" He asked and I shook my head as I whined.

"My back." I mumbled. "I got you." He replied before picking me up after I grabbed my heels.

I held on to him as he rushed away when I heard sirens.