thirty-8

Joy

I stared at Keyon as he walked in. "What fucking haircut did you get?" I asked noticing his hair wasn't cut.

"Nun. I went to chill with TJ and nem." He replied with a yawn. I watched him with crossed arms as he walked to the bathroom.

I heard the shower water start as I looked down at my sleeping son. "You see that? Daddy is a fucking cheater that's gonna get put out of his own house." I smiled down at Kj.

I was really thinking about if he cheated on me or not. I hope not.

Soon I stood up and walked KJ down in the crib. Then I walked back to the bed and sat down.

Thinking about the fact that he probably cheated on me but I didn't have enough proof to leave him stressed me out.

I tried not to think about it as I stared at the TV screen. I laid on my back trying not to let my assumptions get the best of me. Within 20 minutes keyon walked back in the room.

He climbed in bed and over me. He looked at me and I looked at him.

I thought he was gonna apologize and we were gonna make up.

"Them drugs got to you bad."

With that being said he flipped over and laid next to me in bed. A lump formed in my throat as my eyes filled with tears.

I stood up and walked out of the room. A tear fell down my cheek as I reached the guest room. I climbed in bed and pulled the covers over me.

Tears rolled down my face as I stared ahead. Why are we like this now. We were so perfect before everything happened.

Next day

I woke up to keyon kissing on my face and I furrowed my eyebrows. I remembered what he said last night as I sat up.

I stared at him with the same face and he pulled me out of bed. "I'm sorry, I wasn't in my right mind last night. I wasn't sober , i- I'm sorry joy. Ian mean it like that , Ian mean it at all. I love you , no matter what you did in the past or what you do in the future. I was just talking cuz I was still mad." He started.

I would've continued to argue with him and not forgive him but I was so tired of fighting and arguing. I just wanted us to be good again.

"It's ok , just don't say something like that again." I mumbled lowly as he wrapped his arms around me. "So you forgive me?" He questioned grabbing my waist.

I nodded as he kissed my lips. We shared a hug before I pulled away. "Get dressed, I'm finna take y'all to get breakfast." He explained before walking out.

I sighed before fixing the bed. When I was done I walked to my bedroom and began to get ready.

I seen that I left my phone in here and when I turned it on I realized it was almost dead. Literally on one percent.

I grabbed the charger but seen I had a message. I clicked on it and seen it was on Instagram.

It was some girl. She only had highlights up.

Random- Hey , I know you don't know me but I'm just telling you that keyon ain't who you think he is. He's a manipulator, liar and a cheater. And he's abusive.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at it. "What's wrong?" Keyon walked in the room from the bathroom. I turned my phone to him and he made his way over with furrowed eyebrows.

"Who is that?" He asked. I shrugged. "I don't know." I replied looking at him. I sighed. I don't know what to believe anymore.

"Keyon , please tell me this isn't true." I closed my phone and placed it on charge.

"Joy , you know that's not true. We been together for over a year now. Ian put my hands on you or did nun of that shit she just said." He explained with his accent thicker than usual.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "yeah , I guess. I'm sorry." I shook my head. He shook his head.

"Who was that?"

"I said I didn't know." I responded walking to kjs crib. I seen that he was awake and dressed clearly by keyon.

"Hi." I smiled down at him and reached down to get him. I picked him up and kissed his cheek as keyon spoke.

"Joy , go get dressed."