nineteen *short chapter*

Kalanie

I cried as amir hugged me. "what's wrong? You been crying for bout ten minutes baby. Tell me what's up." He explained.

I was having trouble processing this and I was so angry. "We need to switch lanis school." I managed to say. "Why?" He questioned.

I sucked it up and spoke. "Amir...I walked in on her and the bath tub. She had bruises on her back and side and cuts on her arms....she told me that she slit her on wrist-" I cut myself off by crying again.

"What?" He questioned. I nodded as I covered my mouth. When i was able to speak again, I did. "She said those kids have her the bruises...they called her ugly fat and dark. And they were white." I went on with tears running down my face.

"What? She slit he wrist....she 7." He spoke and I could hear the frustration in his voice. "Exactly." I agreed. "yeah she switching schools but I wanna talk to the parents of the kids that got my 7 year old doing this shit."

••••••••

We laid in be with Alani. "I love you." Amir told her. "Love you too." She sniffled as he wrapped his arms around her.

He kissed her forehead and I smiled a little. I still can't believe this. I'm so saddened by how people raise their kids to be racist and colorist. WTH I'm sure those kids are no older than 9.

It's honestly so sad.

"So where was kayden when this was happening?" He asked. "he usually came to help me. They were scared of him but not me. He beat them up for me and he helped me." She explained.

I smiled a little. "that's my boy." Amir spoke with a smile.

Joy

It had been a while since I had been to a party. What keyon said scared me away from them but I really wanted to go to another one.

There was one today and it was gonna be the biggest party of the year since school had ended two days ago.

And there was gonna be tons of parties all summer and I realized I'd end up going to one eventually so why not go now.

I'll just stay sober the whole time.

It was late too. My parents were asleep and my siblings too. I stood up and decided I'd get dressed today.

Usually I throw on jeans and a shirt and head out but not today.

I slipped on a black fitted dress and fixed my hair up. I put on a small amount of lip gloss and lip liner before smiling at my appearance in the mirror.