forty- 5

Khloe

Khloe knocked on the door of keyons house. She had sobered up a little but she was still mainly high.

She just needed to pick up her son. Soon the door opened revealing keyon.

He looked at her and sighed already knowing what was going on.

"What the fuck you doing at my crib , G?" He asked. "Getting my son." Her voice was shaky as she tried to walk past him.

He stopped her and shook his head. "You high. You think imma send my son with you , like this?" He asked. "like what?" She teared up as he grabbed her hand and brought her inside of the house.

They stood by the door as he locked it and spoke. "Don't do this again, ma. Ion wanna see you like this again." He explained grabbing her hands.

She nodded looking in his eyes. "Ok." She sniffled. He pulled her into a hug. She cried into his chest as he comforted her.

She pulled away and spoke not knowing that other people were in the house that might overhear the twos conversation.

"Keyon , I'm so sorry for being childish. I-i just miss you so much." She admitted only because she was high as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you." She sniffled looking down. "and I love you too but I can't be with you joy." He told her.

Her lip quivered as she pulled away. "O-ok." Was all she said. High or not she wasn't gonna beg him to stay.

"I'm gonna go home." Her voice was low.

"Who taking you?" He asked. "Neveah. She's outside." She replied. "I'll pick him up tomorrow." She wiped her tears.

He nodded watching her unlock the door. He let her out and watched her make it in the car.

After they pulled off he shut the door. He walked off to the living room where Jazlyn was watching tv. He sat back down next to her and pulled out his phone to text joy.

Call me when you get home

Meanwhile joy was still on the way home. The ride was silent.

She wished she had never met keyon , never accused him of cheating , or never took drugs.

She couldn't decide which one. Maybe all of them.

Soon neveah pulled up to Joys apartment.

Without saying anything joy stepped out of the car and headed to her door.

She pulled out a key and unlocked the door. When she walked in it was so cold , that she sobered up a lot more.

Her living room was empty. She locked the door before heading to her bedroom.

She kicked the heels off and tossed her phone on the bed.

The song her heart by Anthony Hamilton had played in her head over and over but she was to lazy to turn it on.

She took a quick cold shower before climbing in bed. She seen keyons text and 2 missed calls from him. But the most recent call was form an hour ago.

She called back and she got an answer almost immediately.

"Hello." She heard jazlyns voice lowly and the tv playing in the background.

"Um..hey can I speak to keyon?" She asked. "No , he's sleep." She responded. "Alright well tell him I called." She told Jazlyn.

"What for?" She asked. "I was just returning a call..." Joy explained. "Oh I'm sure it was an accident." She explained.

"Well either way, just tell him I called." Joy explained. "Alright, Khloe." She hung up.

She sat her phone on the dresser and stared up at the ceiling. Her eyes filled with tears and she stopped herself.

Soon they began to fall. She did not expect to be living like this. A single mother. Although she has the help of keyon , he wasn't Always there because they didn't live together anymore.

She knew she was slipping back into her old ways and she couldn't let that happen because she could lose custody of KJ.

She closed her eyes and almost fell asleep when she felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

She cried out in pain as she sat up. She turned the light on and pulled the covers off of her body.

Her eyes widened seeing blood.

She furrowed her eyebrows a little but she was in pain.

•••••••••

Joy sat in the hospital bed staring ahead. It was just her. No one knew about it.

She didn't wanna wake her parents up although they wouldn't mind. And Keyons girlfriend kept answering his phone with an attitude.

All she wanted was for someone to hold her hand while they removed her dead baby.

She was unaware of being pregnant but narcotic induce  and stress had killed the baby.

She sniffled as she thought about her son and his she had just lost the child she had just found out about.

She'd be able to go home soon.