14

joy

I wiped the one tear I let fall before I sucked it up and stood up.

I walked out of the bathroom and back to the table. They didn't see me coming but I seen Cj interacting with the little boy before he kissed the girl.

I sat down back at the table and wrapped my food up. "You good?" Jordan asked.

I nodded. "Imma go to bath and body real quick. Call me if you need me." I explained.

"Aight." CJ spoke. "wait. CJ take him. I come with you. I gotta get sum from there anyways." She stood up.

Wow. I didn't even have anything I wanted to get from bath and body.

"Ok." I replied. We headed downstairs and to bath and body.

She was talking to me about a lot. "So how far along are you?" I questioned. "4 months." She explained with a smile.

I nodded as I continued to smell the perfumes as if I wanted one.

I grabbed sunshine mimosa before deciding paying for it.

She was still looking and talking to me. She ended up grabbing like 5 perfumes and the matching lotion.

She payed for it and her total was high.

But then we headed out. Then we ran into CJ.

"I'm ready to go." He said. "Me too." I agreed. "Well CJ stop by my place later on." She told him. "Bet." He nodded.

"See you later lil man." He kissed the baby's cheek and then passed the boy back to his mom.

"Love you." She hugged him briefly. "Love you too." The two shared a kiss as I looked away.

"Bye girl." Jordan waved. "bye." I waved.

We headed out of the mall in silence and we got in the car. The ride home was silent.

He didn't say anything and I didn't have anything to say to him. I was just hurt. He just told me we Gon make it work someday and he wanna be with me but he has a whole girlfriend, a kid and another on the way.

I can't stick beside that.

And he wonders why all I do is party and drugs. Shit like this. The littlest shit makes me wanna get high. I don't deal with stress good.

We arrived at the house and he stopped the car. I just stepped out of the car and headed inside.

Usually he'd stay but he didn't. I think he's embarrassed or he feels stupid.

I seen that nobody was home so I decided I'd sneak out to a party. Why not? I already feel bad.

••••••••••••••

I was so happy and then I was sad. When I thought about what autumn did.

I stood in the party as Minnesota by lil Yachty played. I was so high I didn't even feel like moving.

You ever been so high you can't even pee? Yeah that's how high I was right now.

My parents had called so many times but I just didn't answer. I didn't care about getting in trouble.

I began walking towards the kitchen and I was gonna pour myself another cup of Hennessy when I was stopped.

I looked up and seen a tall brownskinned man. He had tattoos covering his neck and slightly muscular arms. He was slim and he had on a black shirt.

His pants was sagging too. That's how I like em.

"Nah shorty. You 18?" He asked. I nodded my head as I looked up at him.

"Please don't call my mom." I began to whine. "I got you." He held my face into his chest as we headed towards the door and I cried.

I'm thinking he didn't want anybody to see me crying but he smelt so good.

He had a new York accent too.

We headed to a car and he placed me in the backseat before hopping in the front.

"I don't know you." I began to laugh. "What you take , ma?" He licked his lips.

I shrugged with a smile. "Where you live? Imma get you home." He explained.

I could not remember my address for nothing. I began to cry cuz I couldn't remember my address.

He drove off and I thought he was kidnapping me. I screamed and he smacked his lips.

"Chill out. I'm tryna help you."