Thirty-2

Joy

I kissed him once more before he looked over me. "I love you." He told me.

I smiled. "You mean it?" I asked. He nodded. "I wouldn't have said no shit like that , if Ian mean it. I'm in love with you ma." He explained while rubbing my thigh.

My heart fluttered. I was so happy. I had never been in love until now. Whatever I had with CJ wasn't love.

"I love you too." I kissed his lips. "Come on....let's go in the backseat real quick." He mumbled in my ear and I shook my head with a smile.

"We gotta go." I explained pulling away and fixing my hair. I applied some more lip gloss before unbuckling my seat belt.

I stepped out of the car soon he did as well.

We headed towards the door and the house was pretty big. You could hear music from the outside and loud talking.

The smell of weed was outside.

We walked in the party and I smelt nothing but weed. And I caught a lil whiff of cocaine.

Keyon held my hand as he walked in behind me.

Faneto by chief keef played as we walked in.

I had to start off with some type of substance.

But I couldn't cuz last time they drug tested me at rehab with my hair and I got caught.

•••••••••••

We were dancing slowly to tonight by summer walker.

This girl sang loudly to her man with a bottle of Hennessy in his hand.

He looked like he didn't care and he was checking out other women as she sung.

"Aye."

"Aye key." I heard and I slowly pulled away from keyon.

Keyon looked around and seen some boy. He was short lightskinned and chubby.

Keyon clutched his gun and my face quickly displayed how worried I was.

I held on to keyons arm.

There was a big ass brownskinned dude with him.

"Keyon, let's go-" I was cut off.

Shots were fired and I seen Keyon fire his gun as people screamed.

I screamed as well as I grabbed keyons arm pulling him away.

He followed behind me as we rushed out of the front of the house and out the front door. We reached his car and he fell to the ground.

That's when I realized he had been shot. I screamed as I dropped down to my knees. He had a large red stain that was rapidly growing in his chest.

"I'm gonna get you help." I cried as I stood up. I unlocked the car and tried my best to put him in the backseat.

He laid there as I hopped in the front. I started the car and pulled off. I glanced back at him every few seconds to make sure he was ok.

I was trying not to cry cuz it was blurring my vision of the road.

"Keyon." I called. "Mm." He hummed. "Keep your eyes open.." my voice cracked as I sped up.

I ran lights Trying to get to the hospital.

When I arrived I pulled him out of the backseat. He was so heavy.

"I got you." A lady in a white scrubs finally walked up and helped me with him.

Together we brought him inside and he received help while I had to wait in the hospital.

I cried so hard as I left. I had to go but I didn't want to. I'd be back. I gotta stop sneaking out.

I sent him a quick text explaining how I'd be back soon and I was sorry and that I loved him.

I cried the whole way home. I had to drive his car so nothing would happen.

I snuck back in the house and cried some more. I quickly changed into my pajamas and dialed my mom's number so I could get her permission to go to the hospital.

I was so scared something would happen to him and that stoped me from sleeping.

Next Day

I continued to walk down the hallway and I hoped keyon wasn't awake so he couldn't see that I had left.

But I hoped he was ok.

I opened the door and he wasn't there. I was so tired cuz I didn't go to sleep at all last night.

A nurse was in the room folding up a blanket. "Where's keyon?" I questioned.

She looked at me with a compassionate smile and my heart broke.

"Unfortunately, he died in surgery last night. My deepest condolences." She smiled before walking out.

Tears streamed down my face and I knew that I'd never be able to forgive myself. I left him. He did it all alone.

I knew I'd have to pay In some way for all the bad things I was doing but never did I ever think it would be this bad.

I didn't even know what to do with myself. It felt like the world was over. My chest hurt so bad and I felt like I just couldn't cry enough.

I don't know how I'll shake back after this.

The end 🙂