kang taehyun シ︎✔︎

ꜰᴇᴍ. ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴᴇʀ × ᴋᴀɴɢ ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴ
ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ = 883 ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ
ʀᴇQᴜᴇꜱᴛᴇᴅ: ❌

——
Stockholm  Syndrome
———

𝙩𝙖𝙚𝙝𝙮𝙪𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫

It has been a few days since she left her room. I'm starting to get really worried. She hasn't been eating either, even though I work really hard to make the meals for her.

She's being so ungrateful and stubborn.

I saved her from her ex, her family, her backstabbing excuse of friends. Everyone who could hurt her and our blooming relationship, and this is how she repays me?

With silence?

Well I'm furious, and I can't take it anymore. I won't stand for it. If she doesn't want to eat, she doesn't have to. I won't force her and I never would. But there's a certain point where it's too much to handle.

And that point was reached days ago.

I walked up the stairs to her bedroom door (that I designed myself, with different stickers and drawings I knew she liked), and knocked on the door.

She has to listen to me one way or another, I just have to use some force.

𝙮/𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫

"Y/n? It's lunch time now. Come downstairs to eat, please."

His voice rang in my ears. I quickly hid myself under my duvet, praying he would just leave me alone. It was tiring, having to hear his sickeningly sweet voice over, and over, and over again.

Which is why I'm not going to listen.

I can't. Not after everything he's done. He had betrayed my trust, killed my friends, my family. Even my deadbeat ex, who I didn't even talk to anymore. All because I trusted him. It was all my fault they died, all of them.

I was too naive. Too stubborn to realise that he was the problem, not them. He was the manipulating one, not them. He was the one hurting me. Not. Them.

But I didn't realise that until I faced the punishment for their deaths. Staying with him.

I can't face this, not without my mother. She couldv'e lived if it wasn't for my insolence and misfortune. What does he even see in me anyways? I'm as normal as can be, so why me?

I could feel hot streams of tears coat my cheeks as I sobbed into my pillow. I could hear the door handle rattle violently, the door shaking on it's hinges. Then I realised.

He was trying to get in.

I hid myself even more, my sobs getting louder with each push against my bedroom door. But I deserved this. I deserve the torture that I endure everyday. This isn't any different. This was now normal, my new normal.

Starving myself was just for the satisfaction anyways.

The door finally gave way, and I shrank into myself. I could hear his footsteps, each one getting closer to my bed. My heart was beating against my ribs, my hands shaky and sweating. I could feel his breath against the top of my head.

"Sweetie... stop being an attention whore and come down to eat, okay?" He whispered, with that honey smooth voice of his. I hated it. I hated everything to do with him. His dark brown eyes, his soft blond hair, his supple yet rough hands...

Everything.

I sniffled, indicating that I had been crying. I heard him softly coo at me before ripping the duvet off of my shaking body. I froze and felt him pick me up to sit in front of him.

Then I saw the tears. The dark eye bags underneath his eyes, his iconic smile slightly faulty. He had such a sad and tired aura around himself that I didn't even recognise him. He usually was so happy...

Did I do this?

He seemed to have noticed my gaze and brought a hand up to my cheek, looking deep into my eyes. But I didn't flinch away. Why didn't I flinch away?

"I'm so sorry... I didn't realise your pain, sweetheart. And I'm sorry I called you something so.. inaccurate. But please, just come eat with me. Even if it's just once." He said slowly, the sadness in his voice clear as day.

So I nodded my head, and leaned into his touch.

All this time, I had been focusing on the fact that he had ruined my life, as well as others in the crossfire. But, I didn't see that maybe..

Maybe I ruined his as well.

He sighed and held me in his arms. He smelt of pinewood and lillies, like a forest, if I was to summerise it.
It was weirdly calming. But I can't enjoy this forever, I need to escape. I need to tell everyone of his murders, of my families murders. I needed to get justice. I need to-

" I love you, Y/n. Please don't ever forget that. I work hard just for you. I hurt them, to protect you, dear. Shall we eat now?" He says, looking down at me and kissing the top of my head.

I nod, holding his hand.

———

ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ꜱɴᴇᴀᴋ ᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʙɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ... ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ? ʏᴏᴜʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ.

ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴ'ꜱ ɪɴɪᴛɪᴀʟꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱɪᴍɪʟᴀʀ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ'ꜱ. ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛꜱ ꜱᴛʀᴇꜱꜱɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ. ꜱᴏ ɪʟʟ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪꜰʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜɪɴɢʏ. ᴍᴋᴀʏ? ᴍᴋᴀʏ.

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ. ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ɪᴛ! ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ~ ❥︎