ᴀʀʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ - ᴄ.ꜱ シ︎✔︎

ꜰᴇᴍ. ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ × ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ!ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ
ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ = 888 words
ʀᴇQᴜᴇꜱᴛᴇᴅ: ❌

"This can't be helped, neither avoided, Y/N. " King Kim sighed. He had been fighting with the young princess the whole afternoon, back and forth bickering becoming overwhelmingly tiring.

"You cannot force me into such an unjust marriage, especially with him. " Y/N seemed to spit the words, forcing them out of her mouth distastfully.

Aranged marriages were normal in the House of Kim, but never in her 21 years of living had Y/N thought she would become victim to such an uncomfortable circumstance.

"Father, you aren't looking at it from my perspective. I will not marry a person from the House of Choi, and you know that. " Y/N dangerously mumbled, loud enough for her sharp words to meet her father's weary ears.

See, the reason the House of Choi was cast so far from Y/N's heart was becuase of what had happened 6 years ago.

Y/N had just turned 15 the day before, and celebrated mostly with her mother, Queen Kim. Queen Kim was a quiet yet outgoing soul, a precious being in the kingdom's favour. She was loved amongst all her subjects, and especially amongst her family members.

She held Y/N in her arms that day, swaying her gently like a lily caught in the breeze of Spring's breath.

"Sweetie, what seems to be the matter?" She sighed, her rose lips moving almost in slow motion as she spoke. Her (e/c) eyes locking with Y/N's.

"I just wanted to see you, mother. Good afternoon." Y/N said, a sweet smile playing on her lips.

"Oh you! How sappy." the modest Queen joked. She let go of Y/N before getting a hold of her signature sword and slipping it into it's sheath before standing.

". . . I still don't quite understand why you carry that around." Y/N questioned. The Queen's smile only widened as she gave the little princess her response.

"It's so I can keep your father safe on our walks. You know about his disease, correct?" She asked, getting a timid yet firm nod from Y/N.

King Kim had a rare disease which restricted him from doing most things, like fighting for example. So, the Queen took most things into responsibility, which only added to her noble characteristics.

"Be safe!" Y/N exclaimed as she watched her parents walk hand in hand out if the castle doors, a royal guard on each side.

She never saw her mother again after that walk.

She had been brutally murdered in front of her husband while protecting him from bandits, who had coincidentally been servants of the House Choi. Their reasoning for the murder was because 'the Choi Family were superior to all'. In her opinion, Y/N thought the claim was disgusting and full of bullshit.

King Kim had already forgiven King Choi's solemn apology for his 'people's actions', and everyone in the kingdom had moved on.

Everyone except Y/N.

Ever since that day, she vowed to never speak nor look at a supporter or noble of the Choi Household. She believed they were all being ignorant, and would she take that grudge to her grave. Over the years her hatred for the Choi kingdom only grew with their silence on the situation. To Y/N, a mere apology wasn't going to solve anything.

But what could she do? She was just a princess, nothing more nothing less. All she could do was watch from the sidelines as her father struggled to rule. She had to wait until she was queen to get revenge. But at least he had his trusted advisors to help him.

The defeated king only sighed, knowing there had to be another way to get his daughter to marry.

"How about a ball, hm? A gathering of women and men from across the land, surely you'll see a person you'll fancy. " the king smiled softly at his daughter, his eyes practically sparkling.

Y/N cringed at the thought of men and women falling at her feet, hopeless potential 'lovers' clawing at the very floor she stepped on. How melodramatic.

". . . Very well. " Y/N sputtered. Although she didn't like the offer, she wanted her devoting father to be happy and not have to worry about the kingdom. Even after her mother's death, her father was as chirpy and sweet as ever, just for Y/N. It warmed her heart.

"Thank you, daughter. You mean so much to me, I just hope you will be happy! " the king practically sung the two sentences, the words falling out his mouth almost willingly. Y/N smiled at her father's reaction. It had been a long while since her beloved father had been so ecstatic.

'Do it for mother. Endure it for him and for mother.' She repeated these words in her head as she went back upstairs to her room, sighing as she sat on the edge of her bed.

"For mother. "

ʜᴇʏ ʙᴀʙᴇꜱ~
ꜱᴏ, ɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛꜱ. ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴇᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ (ᴀᴋᴀ ʜᴇʟʟ) ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ꜱᴏᴏɴ. ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴡᴏɴᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ.

ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. ʟᴍᴀᴏ.

ᴀɴᴡᴀʏꜱ, ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ! ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ɪᴛ! ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴀᴍᴀꜱ~ ❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎