ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱɪᴅᴇ - ʜ.ᴊꜱ ✞︎✔︎

ɴʙ. ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ × ʜᴀɴ ᴊɪꜱᴜɴɢ
ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ = 2211 ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ
ʀᴇQᴜᴇꜱᴛᴇᴅ: ❌

ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ɢᴏʀᴇ ɪꜱ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴠᴇʀʏ ʟɪɢʜᴛ. ꜱᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇᴅ.

𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Sometimes at dusk we would see him come out from the hidden interior of his island. His short, vine-like hair flowing in the wind always entranced me, but my brother on the contrary. He despised the Man On the Island. For years we had no idea who he was or what he did in his secluded paradise, until my curiosity had gotten the best of me.

𝙮/𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙫

It was 3:45. I stepped onto the window ledge, the long strip of cloth in my hands quivering in the breeze. I could see the small, silhouette of a boat in the distance. The boat that would seal my fate, inevitably. But how could I miss out on an opportunity like this? Hell, he might even be handsome.

With that thought in mind, I jumped from the window ledge, a squeak leaving my chapped lips as I fell. I gripped onto the linen cloth quickly, so I wouldn’t fall to my death. God, if my brother could see me like this, he would never let me set foot outside in fear that I would scrape my knee.

My feet hit the ground in a less-graceful way than I had hoped. I winced slightly, a foreign pain spiking up my leg. But nonetheless, I walked away from my house, the bag on my back a reminder of the choice I made.

It was 4:32 at this point, and I had made it to the creek. I could see the boat coming into view, and so was the pit of nerves in my stomach. I had never ran away from home before, even thinking of the prospect would lead to me cursing the idea. But here I am, away from home, about to venture into potentially dangerous territory.

My hands shook, but it was almost like I had no control over my own body, my legs propelling me forwards. Suddenly, I had reached the boat. It was small and looked ancient, mould sprouting from its defamed edges, but it was the only thing I could afford without my brother noticing.

I hesitantly stepped onto the boat, loading my bag on too. I took a deep breath. It was now or never.

~

I couldn’t tell what time it was, as my watch had stopped working halfway through my journey, but id guess it was well over 6:00 already. It was getting tedious to keep rowing, my arms ached and my head span. Suddenly, I heard my name from behind me. I looked back, soon seeing a tall silhouette shouting to me from the shore, its arms waving me to come back.

“Y/N! COME BACK, HURRY!” The mysterious silhouette screamed. I assumed it was my brother, so I ignored his pleas, I’d be back in an hour, so there was no need for such hassle. But oh was I wrong. Soon, my boat suddenly started to sway, though the breeze had stopped time ago.

I panicked, looking back at my brother, seeing him try to swim towards me. I realised the situation, and tried fleeing the boat to go save my brother. That was until I felt a hand grab at my ankle. I screamed my brother’s name, before I fell beneath the waves. All I could hear was muffled chatter as I faded in and out of consciousness, my body being dragged in the cold, loneliness of the creek around me.

𝙟𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙤𝙫

I sighed. This was the third person this week who had tried to infiltrate my island. Now to die at my hands. It was tedious and boring to do, but they would keep coming if I didn’t deal with them. Although, this human seemed younger than the others.

And they were quite… nice too look at. I flipped them over a bit, seeing their (h/c) hair sticking to their forehead. The way their body was sprawled on the island floor.