Chapter 31

A/N: The dress Cassie will be wearing for this chapter!!<33

     "Bex?" Cassie called it out from the bathroom, "Rebekah Mikaelson for the love of god just answer me!" The door swung open, "I heard you the first six times! What is your problem?" Rebekah rolled her eyes, Cassie knelt over the toilet seat, "I just threw up my breakfast, can you get me some meds?" Her voice was as sweet as she could possibly make it. "We don't have any meds darling, this house is mainly made up of vampires." Cassie groaned, "Can you get me some from the store?" She groaned, "Seriously Cass? I don't have time to be running errands, I just got into town and Elijah's missing." Cassie huffed, "So what if Elijah's missing?" Rebekah crossed her arms, "How long are you going to play this hating game? It's been over a month." She reached and flushed the toilet, "You're right, and he was sleeping with that skank for two months, which means I have about a month more of hating him. We'll see how I feel after that. You'd be surprised at how persistent I am with matters involving Katherine Pierce." She forced a smile, earning a giggle from Rebekah. "I just don't understand, you two were like Romeo and Juliet. Whenever I looked for a man I searched for someone that treated me like he did to you..." Cassie sighed, "He treated me like a queen. Until I opened my eyes and realized he was manipulating me all this time."

     "Well if we're going to the store then you're coming with me. We also have to go shopping for the party tonight!" She narrowed her eyes, "The party?" Rebekah scoffed, "The one Marcel is throwing! It's a masquerade ball! I know how much you love those!" A smile appeared on her face, "I do... but I'm not sitting in a shop for hours on end trying to find you a dress." Rebekah clapped, "Sounds like fun!" She quickly left the room, Cassie giggled, she could be a handful. She slowly stood up from her position on the bathroom floor, letting out a small groan as she did so and stretching her body slightly. When she made her way downstairs she saw Avery sitting in the living room. He was reading a book, but his attention quickly turned when she walked in, "Hey... Rebekah's waiting in the car, are you feeling alright?" She nodded, "Yeah, breakfast just didn't sit well. That's all. You're coming to the party right?" Avery bit his lip, "I signed up for the shift at the bakery tonight. I'm sorry honey." Cassie gave him a smile and shook her head, "Don't be. It's just some stupid party anyway. I'll see you later alright?" He nodded, "See you later." Cassie blushed, "See you later."

***

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Cassie unbuckled her seat belt, slowly opening the door. "No that's alright, I'll only be a minute." She got out of the car and headed into the drug store. As she walked in she immediately went to the medicine isle. Cassie looked through all of the labels, scanning each and every one. She finally found one for nausea and vomiting. Cassie quickly went to the counter, she kept her head down when she saw the cashier, "Mrs.Ledger?" Her face lit up, "Oh! Cassie isn't it? It's so nice to see you again." Cassie smiled, "You as well." She grabbed the medicine, "Please darling, call me Allison." Her face dropped, "I'm sorry?" Allison looked up, "That was my aunts name. My father named me after her, they were never close but after her disappearance he was devastated." She looked down, the realization hitting her like a ton of bricks. "T-that's beautiful. She just went missing?" Allison nodded, "She moved away from home when she was 18, worked in that bakery on Bourbon Street. When she was 19 she suddenly disappeared. Allison never had many friends but it was so unlike her to just leave. But that's all a bunch of baloney now, isn't it? What's the meds for?" Cassie shook her head, "Just a little morning sickness."

Allison tilted her head, "Hmm... you might want this... just in case." She reached under the counter, sliding a pregnancy test onto the counter. Cassie choked on air, letting out a nervous laugh. "Oh no no, I'm fine. Really." Allison raised an eyebrow, "Don't make me shove it in that bag of yours, just take it sweetie. It's on me." She froze, not knowing what to do, her hand was shaky but she grabbed the test and slipped it into her purse, "T-thank you, Mrs.Ledger." Cassie threw the cash for the medicine on the counter. Grabbing the bottle of pills she left the store as quickly as she could. Cassie got into the car slamming the door shut, "What in the bloody hell took you so long?" Cassie couldn't help but stare inside the windows of the drug store, watching Allison's every move. "I'm not the only Salvatore in New Orleans."