Chapter 32

"Cassie, wake up." A hand grabbed her shoulder, shaking her lightly. When she opened her eyes she saw Hayley's face sitting over her, "Wake up sleepy head, you and I need to have a major discussion." Cassie groaned, "What could you possibly want to talk about this early?" Hayley rolled her eyes, "You know what. We have to tell them Cassie! You know Klaus he can be ruthless and if he doesn't know and-..." Cassie raised her hand up, "Give me 5 seconds my goodness. Are you always this hyper in the morning?" She sighed, "No, but I am when it comes to the safety of others. Last night you said they kept hearing a noise, it's probably the heart beat. You need to go see a doctor!" Cassie sat up, "Would you quit shouting? Now all of New Orleans knows." A knock came from the other side of the room, "Know what?"

     Rebekah stood in the doorway, a smirk on her face, "What could you girls possibly be talking about this early?" Hayley's eyes were locked on Cassie, "We..." She trailed off, Cassie sighed, "I'm pregnant." Hayley choked on the breathe she had sucked in, Rebekah chuckled, "Very funny Cass." Her face stayed cold and serious, Rebekah took a few steps forward, examining her face, "You can't be serious right now, Cassandra May Salvatore you have to be joking!" She looked down, biting her lip out of pure nerves, "Cassie..." She came and sat down next to Hayley, "How come you didn't...?" Cassie shot her head up, "Oh I don't know! Maybe because the only person I've ever had relations with was dead, and as was I!" She ran her hands through her hair, "What do I tell Nik? What do I tell Avery, or, or Elijah! It's going to break his heart, but this could be good! This could be the final nail in the coffin as for my revenge plan!"

     Rebekah scoffed, "That's what you're worried about?" Cassie stood up, "Yes! Because if I focus on this for too long I will spiral and I will lose my goddamn mind! So let me plan revenge, let me hide it from everyone, let me spiral!" She took a long breathe, slowly letting it out. Hayley stood up from her position on the bed, she pulled Cassie in for a hug. "I told you last night, I promised you that we're going to figure this out and I intend on keeping that promise." Cassie hesitated, before she wrapped her arms around Hayley. Rebekah got up and wrapped her arms around the two girls, "Have either of you though about names?" Cassie nudged her, "Seriously Bex?" She giggled, "What? I was just curious..."

Hayley sighed, "With everything going on right now I haven't even had time to think about it. I'm also scared to, if I name her... I don't know..." Cassie narrowed her eyes, "It's a girl?" She nodded, "Yeah, one of the witches said she thought it was a girl. If it's a boy I might just lose my mind." They all laughed, "What about you Cassandra? Any baby name ideas?" She shrugged, "Klaus asked me the same thing a while ago. Couldn't come up with a single boy name I liked. I gave him a few girl names but now I sit here and realize that I would never name my child that." She looked down, Cassie hadn't even noticed, but her hand laid, resting on her stomach. "I might go and visit Marcel today, check up on him. It's been so long since I've had a real conversation with him." Rebekah sighed, "Please, be careful. I don't want you getting hurt." She giggled, "If I'm with Marcel I'll be fine."

***

     "I still cannot believe it. You own almost all of New Orleans, it's incredible." Marcel looked down at her, "It is. I have you to thank for that." Cassie scoffed, "Please, you did this on your own. I got you to the starting line, winning the race was all you." He sighed, "This ain't no race, this is a marathon, and we've barely started." She put her hands into her pockets, the wind hit her face as they walked down the crowded Bourbon street. People were walking around, tourists filled the streets, admiring the architecture, the music filling the block, and the people earning their wage by painting on the sidewalks. "This city is absolutely gorgeous." She let out a breathe, "What do you mean?" Marcel furrowed his brows, she looked up at him, "I've lived in this city so many times throughout my life and yet it never ceases to amaze me. Never thought I could love a city like I do this one." He laughed, "It's the people. They make it the beautiful place it is, they make it the fun atmosphere you can't help but love."