Chapter 60

A/N: Tried to write some spice this chapter... let me know how y'all feel (not smut)

     "Come along children! We need to pick the strawberries before they go bad!" Cassie called it out as she heard footsteps tumbling down the stairs, "Mom can we please go out into the woods? There's a huge patch of flowers growing out there!"

     "No Briar, I'm making dinner but after that we can head into the woods, until then help Griffin and Hope pick berries." She turned around to see her daughter letting out a small huff, "Don't give me that kind of attitude, you know the woods aren't safe. Now pretty please do what I asked?"

     There was a small smile on Briar's face, "Fine... can I eat some of the blackberries?" Cassie snickered and pointed the spoon towards her, "Yes but only a few! Dinner's going to be ready soon." Briar rushed out the back door and in the direction of the garden.

Cassie sighed and stirred the pasta inside of the pan. A pair of hands snuck around her waist and as the smell enveloped her senses she began to smile. "Hello love, kids are out in the garden." She hummed and brushed her hair from her neck, "I'm not looking for them..."

"Hayley..." She placed light kisses down Cassie's neck, smiling against her skin. "Yes?" She had to bite her lip to stifle the sounds of contentment, "We can't be doing this in the kitchen, I need to focus as well."

     "It's pasta, how much focus does it require?" Cassie sprinkled in a few herbs before stirring the noddles once more, "You know how distracted I get when your lips are on my neck..."

     "Oh I know." Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red as she set her wooden spoon down into the small
pan. Cassie turned around and wrapped her arms around Hayley's neck, staring into her eyes lovingly. "You will be the death of me Miss.Salvatore-Marshall."

     "Mm I love the sound of that, Hayley Salvatore-Marshall and Cassandra Salvatore-Marshall..." Cassie leaned in and gave her a small kiss, before pulling away, "And Briar, Griffin, Hope Salvatore-Marshall, I have to say I love our little family."

     "Wake up Cass!" Her body jerked upwards and she frantically looked around, letting her surroundings settle in. She was sitting in the passenger seat of her Volkswagen, Elijah driving and Avery sitting in the middle of the backseat, his arms wrapped around Briar and Griffin's car seats.

     "Are you feeling alright? You kept mumbling in your sleep." Cassie shook her head and wiped a hand down her face, "I'm fine, just a dream." When she pulled her hand away little droplets of sweat had collected on her finger tips, a shiver running through her body.

"This is awkward." Cassie turned around to see Avery looking directly at her, "Why's that?" He scoffed, "You're sitting in the car with your baby daddy and our children, with your ex boyfriend driving."

"Just because it's obvious doesn't mean you need to bring it to our attention." She turned back in her seat and watched the trees flying by them, noticing they slowly disappeared to reveal a giant opening of green grass. There the house came into view, it sent a calmness over Cassie, knowing that this would be her forever home.

"Welcome home 'Lijah..." He smirked and turned in the gravel driveway, shutting the car off and looking over at her. "The majority of my stuff is still at Niklaus'." Cassie shrugged, "We can get it another time, for now come and settle in."

"Who am I to argue?" She clapped her hands together and got out of the car, helping Avery get the twins and their stuff from the car. Hauling in bags and babies they opened the front door, "Welcome home!"

They were greeted with Lorraine and Allison standing on the front steps, big smiles present on their faces. "It's good to be home." Allison's face lit up as she saw Elijah hauling bags in, "No way, you're actually staying?"